so today i'm busy making arrangements for a new DaniWeb Meetup group (our first). We set this up so we can invite you all (techies) to visit and hang out at DaniWeb's HQ on the second Wednesday of every month. We're going to start out by getting techies together, we'll provide free pizza and other refreshments and hopefully this will evolve into something permanent and nice. We're thinking people meet, exchange info, ideas, chat, etc. We watch funny videos or a movie, talk about interesting topics that people will bring up and so on. Maybe eventually we'll have sponsors send swag and prizes to give away.

excitement!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

This sounds cool, very cool, if you live nearby. I think the costs involved from South Africa to there might be just a little bit out of my reach, damn!:sad:

I believe that there are a few of these get together meetings within the IT industry that was tried and tested in New York and London, and apparently it works wonders. Huge success. I am working on something down here to see if we can put together a venue for once a week...

Good luck, awesome idea!!!

Thanks for the kind words and good luck to you AndreRet :)

I believe that there are a few of these get together meetings within the IT industry that was tried and tested in New York and London, and apparently it works wonders.

I recently went to one in Las Vegas and it's a great experience if you like to learn new things and meet people with similar interests. If you ever get a meet going over in the UK I'll definitely be there :)

What about a NW meetup?

not sure what you mean mate (mosaic)

would love to do that some day. at the moment it is feasible in NY. perhaps if we're up near seattle for an event sometime we'll plan ahead and setup a NW meetup. thanks for the suggestion.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.