Hi everybody. Am new here and new using PHP as well.
Hope you could help me.
I encountered this error

Error when deleting:
Warning: Unknown: Your script possibly relies on a session
side-effect which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that
the session extension does not consider global variables as a
source of data, unless register_globals is enabled. You can disable
this functionality and this warning by setting
session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to off,
respectively. in Unknown on line 0

Appreciate very much your help.

Thanks,

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

The cure for this problem is not to change PHP settings, but rather to update the the script's reliance on register_globals.

Would help if you indicated which script you are using, however clearly it is rather outdated and you should look for something more up to date.

Matti Ressler
Suomedia

Hi Matti,
Thanks so much for the reply. Now I can feel that there are people frome the other side of the earth :)
Am a new "trying to learn on my own" programmer and am really having a hard time.
Actually, I don't know yet how to use register_globals.
This is the script I wrote.

session_start();
$id = $_POST;
$_SESSION = $_SESSION;
echo $id = $_SESSION;

Hope you could help me.

Thanks,

The cure for this problem is not to change PHP settings, but rather to update the the script's reliance on register_globals.

Would help if you indicated which script you are using, however clearly it is rather outdated and you should look for something more up to date.

Matti Ressler
Suomedia

I think what you are looking for is:

session_start();
$id = $_POST['id'];
$_SESSION['id'] = $id;
echo $_SESSION['id'];

Trying to learn on your own is a very good thing as you don't get locked into notions that "educated" people have.

I made a post earlier today that is similar to this, perhaps you should look at that also.

Matti Ressler
Suomedia

<?php
ob_start();
session_start();

?>

when your php script with space create this bug finnaly so not create space in starting php tag

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.