lol, thats long time ago. I thought computers were super expensive then?

in its day it was a super computer
still running, is 7 feet high, 22 feet wide, and 16 feet deep, and made up of rows of cabinets
about 1/10 power of this laptop
its kept running as a curiosity

was a precocious kid

i can almost call myself C++ and VB.NET engineer now :)

Just because you can write code doesn't make you a "software engineer". See this link to see the definition of a software engineer. In order to claim to be a software engineer you have to be certified by the Software Engineering Institute, and that requires a minimum of a college bachelors degree in computer science.

I only have nine months left as a teen.

I'm currently 19 years old but I started programming when I was 15. I started with some HTML and C# to then later learn some Java (consequently Android) and assembly. I'm half way done on my Software Engineer bachelors and I am now aiming towards learning C++.

Ancient Dragon, sorry for my mistake.

I'm already 15 and I started learning about programming last year.

I'm almost 15 too, I started programming 1-2 year(s) ago. First I was learning some HTML and JavaScript but not seriously :) I was just copying some JavaScript code and changing some stuff in the code, I didn't even know what does the word 'variable' mean and what it was! :)
So now, I don't know anything about JavaScript except some syntax which is really obvious(e.g: I can read for loops, because they look a bit similar to that of C++) when I read JavaScript code.

The first language I wanted to learn was Visual Basic but while searching the internet for some tutorials for it, I heard about C++ so I decided to learn it rather than VB.
I can write some (X)HTML code and CSS. I'm also a beginner in C# but now I'm focusing on C++, because, you know, I'm self-taught C++ programmer, so I learnt some bad habits and it was a mistake that I learnt the langauge itself, I mean I focused on the syntax not on programming techniques, data structures, algorithms, etc...

I can remember the first day I knew how to program in C++, I was really fascinated, I was like: "Hey, I wrote a program which adds the two values that you give it! :) I can multiply them also! I made an .exe file! :)". Haha.

If you have any advice for me, you're welcome!
Cheers,
Kimo :)

I can remember the first day I knew how to program in C++, I was really fascinated, I was like: "Hey, I wrote a program which adds the two values that you give it! I can multiply them also! I made an .exe file! ". Haha.

The day I "learned" basic C++, I was like "Hey, its too easy. I want to learn Assembly now!"
So now I am learning Assembly :)

I'm 13 now and I have been progamming for 2 years now. I first started programming 2 years ago when I was mainly using javascript

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.