I am doing some pre- Spring Cleaning and want to get out of my home a bunch of old cassettes. They still work, and I bought them properly (since piracy wasn’t as popular several years ago), so I hate to just throw them in the garbage. But I’d like the space on my bookshelf for books instead of cassettes.

However, I don’t know how to get the music off the cassettes and convert it to an MP3 format, so I can get it on to my MP3 player and iPod.

Suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

well, there are several commercial solutions to the problem out there, and also some freeware applications that can help you out.

another way would be to buy one of those turntable-to-mp3 with built in casette dech.

anyway, I haven't tried any of them myself yet, so I can't really recommend any.

Audacity will do what you want and it is free - you will need a line out from your player to the line in on your computer.

Without line out/in you can use earphone out and microphone in but watch your levels.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.