How many have websites here or own websites here?

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

I do! I do!!

commented: :) :) :) +0
commented: No doubt about it Dani :) +0
commented: Never been here for a while, but I think the remake is unique.. keep it up. Maybe do a small ad by the side would be beneficial for this site upkeep. +0

Yes it people like you whom I want indeed. To begin, when users login I'm pretty sure that passwords are not saved as is on the database. Correct? So
1) What is the need for sending such sensitive users information over the internet?
2) We saw new system being developed such as those smart key holders that take your passwords with you and also very notable the LockWise from Mozilla which to me and also as you may know or can check it out you will see that it saves and also uses the users password as is in a plain text with no security added or anything.

Don't you also think it time we change this and make it more secure and a users password be an actual PASS Word meaning it serve the whole purpose of it invention which is to be secret, and it a word you need to key it right to be able to go through?

Visit www.briwped.com to see what I'm talking about. I think there's a very great opportunity for you Dani Queen on this regarding the DaniWeb

I am running a dating and traveling related website. Traveling and writing is my hobby. Recently I was on a business trip to Canada. Before this, I have never been to Canada. The first few days were very boring. Because I didn't know anyone in Canada. I was finding someone through dating online, but it was difficult. But in the end, I have got a great experience of dating in Canada. So I have written an article that is specifically written about my experience of dating in Canada. So I want to get backlinks through off-page seo on my site. is there anyone here who can help me with this to increase my traffic. my niche is dating and Traveling.

@Mr. M: It depends what you mean by own. If you mean to have web registered under ones name than the answer is no. If you mean to administer the site the answer is yes

I do not own any website, but I'm working and developing on PHPFusion CMS Click Here that is helping people to make website. Maybe that's considered my website? :)

Maybe do a small ad by the side would be beneficial for this site upkeep.

What kind of ad do you mean?

I don't have my own website, nut sometimes I help my friend with his own one ;)
I can only say that it requires a lot - to create a platfor that will be relevant, useful, and profitable for its owner.
So, you have to have a genuine desire not to just make money but to develop your skills and bright something reallu useful to the world of internet, i guess.

Thanks for all your replies. I personally do have one, it a service that ensures that the users sensitive information is not sent over the internet.

What I mean is that we all know that when a user type let say test123 as password and click the submit button the data is sent as is then the TLS take place to encrypt and decrypt the data.

When the data reach the server the data is decrypted back to it original form which in this case its test123.

When the system process this it encrypt it many people use aes, MD5, but usually it MD5 encryption.

Now let's look at the risks here. You let the user type their private information then on the actual field the data is not protected which means anyone may view it. The data is sent over the internet with the help of TLS, we all depend on it to secure our users data during transportation.

So when TLS has been cracked that means those who cracked it will be able to view and read sent data. So obviously there's no reason for sending such sensitive private user information.

We've seen lot of people complain of being hacked or their accounts be hacked that's why I have developed BRIWPED to solve this problem.

Now this requires all websites that cares for their user privacy to use BRIWPED to protect their accounts. This has two systems, back end and extension. But to address the issue of not sending the actual users private information the back end has to be used by websites.

BRIWPED can be views at https://briwped.com also you can search for BRIWPED on YouTube to find out more.

I do own a blog and a business website

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.