In spite of what certain politicians and right-wing talk show hosts are saying/screaming, requiring proof of vaccination to fly, or requiring the same, or a mask to enter a private business is not an infringement on anyone's rights. It is not discriminating against an identifiable gropu (race/religion/etc). You have the right to take your business elsewhere if you disagree.

jwenting commented: nor are vaccine passports new. I've had mine for 10 years from when I needed several vaccines for tropical diseases to enter various countries. +0

Thank you Jim. By the way, the first court ruling about this agrees that a business, in this case a hospital can mandate it's staff be fully vaccinated.

The first court ruling about this agrees...

At least until GOP controlled state legislatures pass their own laws. In spite of all the rhetoric about how we should let the market regulate itself, they only believe that when it suits their purposes.

commented: any group. There are as many idiots on the left as there are on the right. +0

Anti-vaxxer and anti-lockdown folk are in denial that in a pandemic,
our actions have implications for people that are not just you alone."

• unknown

I find that when confronted with this they change their tune from "freedom whatever" to conspiracies, it's not real and other, well, chants.

The USA now registers over 600,000 dead from COVID-19 alone. 600,000 may be the lower bounds of this number.

Deaths attributed to COVID-19 accounted for 72.4% of US excess deaths.

Yet some claim this has no bearing at all on the labor shortage. I have a relative who worked in Los Angeles and confirmed about the meat trailers at the hospital. This wasn't good enough for a conservative I know. They wanted me to have actually check the trailers for bodies.

No thank you.

There are as many idiots on the left as there are on the right.

True, but the levels of crazy manifest in much different ways on the two sides. Also, one side seems to have all the guns and the willingness to use them.

Just last week a close friend was sending me "data" from the Pandemic Analytics and Data (PANDA) group.

Let me be brutally blunt here. Such misinformation is deadly.

I was very disappointed to see Jon Stewart buy into the "it came from a lab in Wuhan" hypothesis. I'm not saying it didn't, but until there is evidence that it did there is no reason to buy into the conspiracy. And even assuming it "escaped" from a lab, that does not mean it was created in a lab. We have a virology lab here in Winnipeg that studies many deadly viruses (virii?). If a lab worker were to be accidentally infected and spread a virus would that mean we would be guilty of bio-terrorism?

There's a novel respiratory coronavirus overtaking Wuhan, China, what do we do? Oh, you know, who we could ask? The Wuhan novel respiratory coronavirus lab. The disease is the same name as the lab! That's just a little too weird! - Jon Stewart

Let's go with that reasoning. Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease. A coincidence? I think not.

Technically speaking, shouldn't the term be "conspiracy hypothesis"?

Then again it could be aliens. https://i.imgur.com/KUbw0mz.png

Kidding aside, the number of people killed by politicizing the pandemic is in the millions yet I find this strangely missing in the news. Well, this year I have read a few articles so someone does think about it.

As to Jon Stewart, I thought he was pulling our leg.

As to Jon Stewart, I thought he was pulling our leg.

After four+ years of outrageous statements followed by "just kidding" you'd think he would know better. Some jokes are just not funny.

commented: Not to mention the guy who suggested nuking a hurricane. 'I got it. I got it. Why don't we nuke them?' +0

Update: Today I got my COVID-19 booster vaccination.

I still wear my two mask system of the usual blue surgical mask topped with a KN95 mask. The N95 of old has an exhaust vent which isn't good for this intended use so with both masks I'm doing my part as even with full vaccination and the booster I could still catch then spread this virus.

I got my booster two weeks ago. Of course, I still wear the mask shopping.

Yes, I already get it. It helps believe me thanks to her I did go to a respirator.. so think about it a little

I'm not planning to take booster but my parents keep pushing me to do so😥

commented: Listen to your parents. The science is clear. +0

Seems we are going for shot #4 soon. The second booster is already a thing in some countries.

"When the said flatten the curve they didn't mean against the vertical axis!"

I now finally know someone who has tested positive. This person is a friend of my younger son, Andrew, and the two of them were in the same room on January 1. She (and her spouse) are both symptomatic but my son is not. I do not think she was in the contageous phase on the 1st, and Andrew is not symptomatic, although he is still isolating for a few more days to be sure. He is doubly vaccinated.

My wife broke the rules and went to a family birthday party. I would not go since many are from a "red state" and I don't trust them. Sure enough there were symptoms in days and I got it too. I was upset about this since everyone knew how it got us.

Later there was a wake and again there was to be a family gathering. This time an option to attend via Zoom so that's what we did.

We are not being disrespectful yet a few people want to say the risk is low (BS!)

-> More story. My son works for Amazon and due to this had to answer about symptoms and exposure. The result was Amazon cancelling all his shifts and asking for a COVID test result (clear of COVID) before return to work. His medical coverage at this time does not offer testing. I looked into our city and they offer free testing but nothing for 8 days. At about 8 days the boss did an over-ride and authorized his return to work. (crazy.)

More more story. Amazon finding out there is no COVID testing for 8+ days here implemented a company testing site for this city. Also, the days my son missed were paid for (this is new policy.)

Oh, yes, do cue up the song "Sixteen Tons" while reading this.

I just got vaccinated.

commented: Awesome! +0
commented: Thank you. Sometime after March ask your doctor when you can get the new Omicron vaccination. +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.