Member Avatar for Johnny2x4

So I've been plagued by things like this for almost three years now.

Anything I do online. If its related to money or employment, I cannot do it. Why? Because of things like these (screenshots).

https://ibb.co/dkX08gN
https://ibb.co/nnQQc3b

Lets see if I can explain whats going on.

Anything employment related inevitably fails.

I did doordash for about 8 months into 2020. Until I shut down my account and when I called the company they told me there was no way that I could have done that. I tried desperately to restart working for them but I could never login nor reset my credentials. Emails for credential resets didn't arrive, ever.

When I tried to sign up for uber the same thing happened. That was prior to Doordash being bought out by Uber. I've tried many other options and I just can't do anything because it all online and this stupid technical problem keeps rearing its hideous head!!! I know I'm not crazy!!

For a time I could not even login to my Navient student loans portal, and that was terrifying considering I hadn't gone into repayment yet having not yet graduated.

The most curious part is that this occurs across multiple devices. My phone. My two computers. Anything I log into with my personal accounts. Myself being geek with a CS degree I dont understand it. I want to say that some nation state hacker is getting its tendrils in my devices, but that is insane! I dont understand why I would be a target. I really don't. But its the only explanation I can think of, because apparently I am the only person on this entire planet experiencing this.

I'm seeing variations of this problem start to reoccur and its infuriating! Here's a link to my YT showcasing the problem.

https://youtu.be/uQvI0aKNO8w

If someone could shed some friggin light on this I would be very appreciative. I don't know whats causing this but it has got to stop!!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Your Youtube shows some adblockers and more. What I've learned is that can break sites and cause unexperienced users to melt down.

Maybe in your case you should try again but on some unvarnished Chomebook that you dedicate to your work and stay off Facebook or other social media sites.

Member Avatar for Johnny2x4

So I managed to fix this by deleting some chrome extensions that were embedded in my OS, they would always come back after a clean install or anything that I tried. I guess my Avast AV from years ago that I paid for wasn't honest nor legitimate as an AV solution. It really took some digging to figure this out. After deleting certain files I managed to remove said auto-installing extensions and I've been able to use my employment and banking sites since not long after posting this (over a year now). The only thing I can't do is doordash, but that company can suck it anyhow. It was really frustrating, and as you can probably tell, a bit paranoid. Thank you for lending some advice rprofitt.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.