When I want to quote an entire post, I'll use the Reply w/ Quote button and do so. But if I just want to quote a particular sentence, I'll use a >.

Wow. I did this again just now; a search for 'MattEvans'. My daniweb profile; is the number 1 result for the term.

http://www.google.com/search?q=mattevans&

So not just a reference to me, but a page with a picture of me is the first google result for my concatenated name; a pity it's such a bad picture - But hey! Google thinks that I am the no#1 MattEvans of all MattEvanses.

When I google joshsch, the first page is my daniweb profile. :) However, I doubt anyone would google that term. I am thankful that I signed up with a username combo of my first name and part of my last name or else my family may be able to google my name, and find me here.. which would definitely be a bad thing if they read my posts... :-/

What's your real name s.o.s.? I know most people's by now, but not yours :)

sigh... you guys make it too easy to track you... think of the potential consequences... :P

Why would anyone want to track me? No one will be able to steal my 'identity' if this is what you mean.. What consequences do you speak of? :)

Yeah im the number 1 Jbennet on thye net. First comes my daniweb profile, then my debian one, followed by my bebo, fedora, etc... profiles

> What's your real name s.o.s.? I know most people's by now, but not yours
Sanjay it is. :)

Its a pity my name in the google search comes up with weird results. I guess its time to change my profile name. ;-)

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

> What's your real name s.o.s.? I know most people's by now, but not yours

Its a pity my name in the google search comes up with weird results. I guess its time to change my profile name. ;-)

Err... I remember two famous people from India, Sanjay Dutt or Sanjay Gandhi.

I didn't mean 'Sanjay', I was referring to my profile name, '~s.o.s~'. :)

Oh, so what is your real name? (as in not s.o.s., but actual birth name ;))

But my real name _is_ Sanjay. My previous post was aimed at Vishesh.

okay.. must have just been confused.. Have you always resided in India? Your english is appears to be that of a natural speaker/typer :)

yes you speak better english than i do ;)

> Have you always resided in India?
Yes I was born and brought up in India, though I am planning to visit US or UK someday. ;-)

> Your english is appears to be that of a natural speaker/typer
Thanks. I am trying to clear the misconception that all Indians are l337 speakers or have bad English. :)

> yes you speak better english than i do
Aha...

mmm yes there is a misconception that indian people have bad english. I think this stems from peoples annoyance with overseas call centres based in india.

Its all a matter of time though, as is the case with every language. I have friends from all over, nepal, sri lanka etc... and they all say that once you start speaking to native english speakers and practicing you find that you get much better

Hmm... I never knew that. I like that name. :o)

> Have you always resided in India?
Yes I was born and brought up in India, though I am planning to visit US or UK someday. ;-)

Thanks. I am trying to clear the misconception that all Indians are l337 speakers or have bad English. :)

Well, you're doing a good job. Come visit Texas sometime :)

mmm yes there is a misconception that indian people have bad english. I think this stems from peoples annoyance with overseas call centres based in india.

Its all a matter of time though, as is the case with every language. I have friends from all over, nepal, sri lanka etc... and they all say that once you start speaking to native english speakers and practicing you find that you get much better

Oh god, I know.. everyone's tech support is from India.. but, I have a few friends who were born in India (their parents are doctors, and they are rich), and they speak english very well.. They have weird customs though.. their grandparents live with them, you must take your shoes off before entering their house, etc.. :D

How many languages do you know fluently, Sanjay? :)

They have weird customs though.. their grandparents live with them, you must take your shoes off before entering their house, etc.. :D

Neither of those are very weird in most of the world...

They have weird customs though.. their grandparents live with them, you must take your shoes off before entering their house, etc.. :D

Neither of those are very weird in most of the world...

Yeah, we do that in my house. [Most Koreans usually do.]

> How many languages do you know fluently, Sanjay?
Hindi (our national language), English, Marathi and my native language. So four in all. :)

I think that a big part of the reason why non-native English speakers talk in 1337 speak is because they learned English by using the Internet. They learned based on what they see in chat rooms and forums, not realizing it's not proper English.

Hindi (our national language), English, Marathi and my native language. So four in all. :)

Wow. Impressive :)
I thought it was difficult learning a second language.. :-/

> They learned based on what they see in chat rooms and forums,
> not realizing it's not proper English.
Yes, that seems to be one of the reasons. Laziness the other. ;-)

> I thought it was difficult learning a second language..
Nah, especially when you have most of those languages in your study curriculum.

they do that in Japan too. i have a qualification to speak spanish too, bringing my total language count to 2

they do that in Japan too. i have a qualification to speak spanish too, bringing my total language count to 2

Yea, we had to take at least 3 years of a foreign language class to graduate with a distinguished diploma.. But our teachers were not very good, and I know just a little bit of spanish. But truthfully, I don't find it beneficial to learn another language b/c all other countries are trying to learn english. Wherever I visit, there is sure to be some translator or some people that speak english.

i did it for 5 years and sucked at it. Got a B at gcse through guessing ;)

back on topic: hbk619 daniweb is the second hit and my putfile is the 6th.

heartbreakkim (my other alias) comes up with my raceforlife page (waho!), wrestlepower board, my friends devaintart, spurs101, someone ELSES DA, my friends gf DA and another friends DA on the first page. Where ther hells mine??

Wow. Impressive :)
I thought it was difficult learning a second language.. :-/

Bah, that's nothing. I know
C, Basic, ForTran, Cobol, 2 different Assemblers, some Snobol, Pascal, Algol, and a couple others...

So there! :icon_razz:

haha.. very impressive :)

.. I need to teach myself a couple of those..

What is your native language?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.