Hiya
I have got a brand new pavilon dv6000 with vist already instaled but it is all problems when you want to go on the internet. so here i go if anyone can help. I already have 2 pc's both on internet which 1 is wireless which i didnt have a problem with untill i tried to get my laptop working wireless via my router i tried changin all sorts of settings the nearest i got was a signal to the router but no connection it has got to the point were the router is not working have tried reseting it & cant so the only internet i have is when i plug ethernet straight into pc's but wont work on laptop at all i even tried using the broadband disk to set it up but that wont even work i just cant get internet on at all but not only that my router is not working now either.:(

please help me im goin insane any help at all will be grateful thanks

So the scenario is as follows:

You have two desktops and a laptop. The two desktops receive an internet connection, one via wireless. The non-wireless is plugged into the router via a network cable.

The new laptop won't receive a network connection regardless of whether its plugged into the router or using wireless? When you plugged it into the router, you sure you plugged it into the correct port?

Can you confirm that, when the laptop is plugged into the router, that you're not getting an IP address?

Your winsock may have somehow got corrupted. For XP there is a utility you can download to fix the Winsock but I'm not sure if anything exists for Vista. You can try this though....

1. Click Start. In the Start Search dialog box, type: cmd, and right-click cmd.
  2. Click Run as administrator.
  3. Type: netsh winsock reset, and then press the ENTER key.
  4. Type: Exit and press ENTER.
  5. Restart the computer

Also go into "network connections" and verify your connections arn't actually disabled.

You also say you're router is not working? Make sure you're modem is plugged in to the correct port.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.