Comes out in 5 days! =]

Recommended Answers

All 94 Replies

Yay!!

I dont get why you need Vista, a kickass pc and a mega-expensive DirectX 10 graphics card to play Halo2 on vista (which is being hailed as a big thing, wtf is that about, its an OLD game!) when it plays on my cheap Xbox from like 5 years ago

> dont get why you need Vista, a kickass pc and a mega-expensive DirectX 10 graphics card to play Halo2 on vista (which is being hailed as a big thing, wtf is that about, its an OLD game!) when it plays on my cheap Xbox from like 5 years ago

It can be patched to work on xp.

The halo series is overrated. I mean cs: s, battlefield, AA, Doom, Quake (Quake Wars comes out October 2. There will be a linux client!), etc are all better games. Will halo 3 be released for pc?

I am not much a gamer on computers. I would rather play them on a console.

How can you play without a mouse? You can't aim...

> The halo series is overrated.
i hate you.

Any new game that is half decent would be nice for us PS3 owners...

No seriously whats good about the series? I would much rather play hardcore pc FPSes.

>Any new game that is half decent would be nice for us PS3 owners...

Resistance Fall of Man getting old?

How can you play without a mouse? You can't aim...

I meant on the Xbox. Where there is a controller.

Yeah I know. How do you aim?

console gaming is fun against other console gamers. throw in a guy with a keyboard/mouse attachment and there goes the even teams. I prefer pcFPS as well, though console games such as Halo (when played on a LAN) are equally as fun to me if for no other reason than the atmosphere. just mho

the halo series are probably the best multiplayer games EVER.
heres the official countdown
http://www.halo3countdown.com

it's gonna be so AWESOME. 4 player co-op, halo 1, halo 2 weapons along with some new ones, new multiplayer maps, new characters. what more can you ask for?

>You aim buy moving the little joystick thing, which is much easier than using a mouse. It is much faster and more accurate.

I realized that. How DO YOU AIM? I never can hit anything while playing a console game.

>I realized that. How DO YOU AIM? I never can hit anything while playing a console game.

are you kidding me? you just aim. I guess you have to have good hand-eye coordination.

I guess it just takes practice with your thumbs because I can do it fine.

>are you kidding me? you just aim. I guess you have to have good hand-eye coordination.

Well I pwn at battlefield, AA, and quake...

well, you just need to practice and get used to it.

halo rocks

I find it very confusing. The control pad. There are too many buttons.

I find it very confusing. The control pad. There are too many buttons. Now the megadrive control pad was perfect.

> I find it very confusing

how is it confusing? its pretty straigth forward.

yeah it only has around six button

>> its pretty straigth forward.
I know. But there are two analogue controlls, one direction, six buttons, two triggers ... I don't play games all that much so I'm just not used to it.

left trigger granades, right trigger fire, a is to jump, b is melee attack, y is change of weapon and x reload. now just practice that and you'll get it, eventually.

I actually found the Halo controls to be very easy to pick up when I first tried it. And the game is pretty fun. As for how to aim? Well, since you can't use an aimbot, you just have to be good :P

I'm even thinking about buying an Xbox360 mainly for Halo 3. If only they played HD-DVD, I'd have one tomorrow... well, I still might, but I have to think about it more :P

they have the hd-dvd add on you can buy, but i've heard it's sucks and it's not worth it. but still the 360 ist he best console in my opinion.

yeah, I'd rather it was built in though. How well does the 20GB last? I don't really want to get the Elite if I don't have to, but I don't want to be running out of space after only a few games...

I heard eventually you'll have to have the harddrive to play the games, which is why I'm going to go ahead and get the Elite. If you do get the 20GB and you find it's not enough, they have the 120 replacement with a kit for transfering the data from the 20GB to the 120GB, but it's ~$180

I'm not that worried about not having an HD player in it, since I A) have a freaking sweet monitor with my computer and B) rarely get enough time to plan and watch a movie. In contrast, I'll have tons of 15-30 minute opportunities to play my games in HD :)

I think 360 is best out right now; yeah PS3 might have better graphics, but there's like 1.5 good games.

the ps3 only has a slightly better graphics card, but the 360 kicks butt.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.