palegray.net 2 Light Poster

Hi All! I'm looking for ideas for word puzzles, and my wife seems to be a bit short on ideas :). In my spare time, I've been building an educational resource site, and so far just have a browser-based crossword generator on it. I mostly do this stuff for fun, as I'm active duty Navy at a shore command and have some spare time after work each day.

I mostly program in Perl, hence my fondness for word and math puzzles (text manipulation being a strong point of the Perl language). A word find generator is in the works, but I'd like to program some more unique puzzles. My primary audience is school-age children (up to high school), but some more advanced puzzle ideas would be more than welcome as well.

If anyone's interested, the crossword generator is GPL'ed and available for download here: http://palegray.net/coding_and_networks_web_console_apps.html. It's designed to run as a console app on any UNIX-style O/S (I use Ubuntu and Debian myself), but could probably be made to run on Win32 with minimal modifications. I welcome any feedback on the program.

Thanks in advance for any ideas the community may have!