hi Dani...
can someone give a reputation points more than one to same person in one day? but in different post/thread...
when i see the someone profile, i find this person got a twice Reputation Point from someone in one day but in different post. could that happened?

Ancient Dragon commented: test +23

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I believe that moderators can do this.

You should know the answer, you are the master mind behind this ;)

commented: another test +23

Nope, the person who given a reputation not a moderator, just light poster.

You should know the answer, you are the master mind behind this ;)

is not the answer peter...

I believe that moderators can do this.

No we can't -- I just tried it and it doesn't work.

Im not sure if DaniWeb just uses the standard Reputation mod. I have a couple of forums that use the Enhanced Reputation Checks mod.

This modification adds a whole set of extra checks whenever members try and give reputation to posts. While this is technically a port of the vb 3.5 mod, this version (v2.xx) has been largely re-written for vB 3.6.x. The main features are ;

Require Positive Reputation Comment - Members must leave a comment in order to give a post positive reputation.

Reputation Power Cap - Sets the maximum reputation giving power for any member, as well as the default forum wide setting, it is possible to set different caps in specific forums. Please carefully read the setting notes on how to do this (examples are given).

Positive Reputation Multiply Factor - Any positive reputation given will be multiplied by the "Positive Reputation Multiply Factor" - See Custom Factors below.

Negative Reputation Multiply Factor
- Similar to above - any negative reputation given will be multiplied by the "Negative Reputation Multiply Factor" - See below.

Custom Multiply Factors - As well as the default forum wide factor settings for positive and negative reputation, it is also possible to set custom values for specific forums. Again, please carefully read the setting notes on how to do this (examples are given).

Closed Threads Limit - Posts in closed threads, that exceed the given age, cannot be given reputation. It is possible to stop reputation being given on any post in a closed thread.

Open Threads Limit - Posts in open threads, that exceed the given age, cannot be given reputation. If you desire, it is possible to stop reputation being given on any post in an open thread.

Allow or Disallow List - A list of forums can be supplied and then reputation either be allowed only in those forums, or be disallowed only in those forums. It is also possible to stop reputation being given in any forum (basically suspending the reputation system).

All settings are in vBulletin Options > Enhanced Reputation Checks

i post an attachment picture. But i didn't show the thread name, just show a couple letter name of member who give a reputation and show the date of reputation given. this for keep the member cause i just want an explanation. :)

commented: This is for your terrible english and inability to spell 'basketball' in your profile. -2

Require Positive Reputation Comment - Members must leave a comment in order to give a post positive reputation.

IMAO, all reputation should have a comment. I want to know why I got neg-rep more than pos-rep. Pos-rep I can figure out usually.

Yeah, Ive spoke to a few people here and they know they got a positive point, but it ended up negative...

Its either faulty and not working as it should, or the people lied or made a mistake when issuing a point.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.