Hi !

I really don't know where to put this thread up, so this might be a misfit.

I was wondering if we could have new forums on DaniWeb, especially for RIA's like Flex, JavaFx etc..

I guess that would help DaniWeb to scale greater heights.

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Daniweb doesn't have enough forums? :icon_rolleyes:

Apparently not.

Or so you think. :-)

> I was wondering if we could have new forums on DaniWeb,
> especially for RIA's like Flex, JavaFx etc..

Forums or more specifically sub-forums are created only if a given technology generates enough traffic each day. Creating forums otherwise leads to "dead" forums which have little or no activity whatsoever e.g. Ruby forums. For the time being if you have any query, try posting the same in Web Design forum.

Or so you think. :-)

> I was wondering if we could have new forums on DaniWeb,
> especially for RIA's like Flex, JavaFx etc..

Forums or more specifically sub-forums are created only if a given technology generates enough traffic each day. Creating forums otherwise leads to "dead" forums which have little or no activity whatsoever e.g. Ruby forums. For the time being if you have any query, try posting the same in Web Design forum.

How exactly do you calculate the traffic?

Don't you think RIA's are picking up these days and Dani should have a forum meant for that?

Maybe some other forums such as Assembly (last activity 9 days ago) can be done away with.....

> How exactly do you calculate the traffic?

Most probably by the number of threads requesting for a RIA forum. :-)

I don't completely disagree with your suggestions; RIA's really *are* hot these days. But given that Dani is the final authority for these kinds of things, you can either wait for her to reply to this thread or fire off a PM to her for more details.

> Maybe some other forums such as Assembly (last activity 9 days
> ago) can be done away with.....

Haha, I like your style.

>Haha, I like your style.
Me too. I suggest the following steps for proposing a new forum:

1. You must nominate an existing forum to be removed.
  2. You must get the approval of all active members who posted to the nominated forum in the last month.

Failure to complete either of these tasks completely will result in the petition being rejected.

You must get the approval of all active members who posted to the nominated forum in the last month.

That would be less then 10 people in the case of the Ruby-forum, so watch what you're saying or the Ruby-forum is out and the RIA is in :)

And you think all of those less than ten would agree to lose the forum and have to go elsewhere for their Ruby discussions?

Awaiting Dani's take on this....

>Awaiting Dani's take on this....
Translation: I don't want your damn opinions! I only want to be rejected by Dani personally.

Then I guess you should have sent her a PM instead of posting a thread on a public forum... FACE.

Then I guess you should have sent her a PM instead of posting a thread on a public forum... FACE.

- Have done that quite some days back, no reply

@Narue- You sure are a meanie

You may think her to be mean, but she has a point. There isnt enough intrest.

As a moderator of Web Design section I can honestly tell that there has been very few questions in regards of RIA...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.