Hi all,

I have a suggestion (not sure if it has already been discussed).

In the profile, at the community tab, we have, for example,

Code Snippets: 10

If this number 10 is made a href linking to all the code snippets posted by that particular user, it would be great.
At present, to find a code snippet posted by a user, we have to go to statistics tab, click on Find all threads started by xyz , then look for "code snippet".
This is like searching for a needle in the haystack if the user has created a lot of threads (okay, I'm exaggerating ;)).

Cheers,
Naveen

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Okay, one more suggestion.

Why should 0 be a hyperlink in this case ?

Posts Currently Negative: 0

Clicking that leads to nowhere. It says,

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Look at niek_e's profile for example.

Hi all,

I have a suggestion (not sure if it has already been discussed).

In the profile, at the community tab, we have, for example,

If this number 10 is made a href linking to all the code snippets posted by that particular user, it would be great.
At present, to find a code snippet posted by a user, we have to go to statistics tab, click on Find all threads started by xyz , then look for "code snippet".
This is like searching for a needle in the haystack if the user has created a lot of threads (okay, I'm exaggerating ;)).

Cheers,
Naveen

I'll second this suggestion.

Member Avatar for diafol

Thirdithingy

Why should 0 be a hyperlink in this case?

I guess Dani assumes that you have enough common sense to not click a link which will obviously get no results :)

I guess Dani assumes that you have enough common sense to not click a link which will obviously get no results :)

:) My point exactly. Why do you need something which don't yield any result ? It's not about assuming (or not assuming) something.

:) My point exactly. Why do you need something which don't yield any result ? It's not about assuming (or not assuming) something.

Well, she has her priorities, do you really need to 'fix' something that nobody will click anyway? Removing the link would require more code, not less.

Well, she has her priorities, do you really need to 'fix' something that nobody will click anyway? Removing the link would require more code, not less.

I know she has her priorities (Its been a week since I posted this thread and haven't got her reply. So, I know she's busy). Moreover, that was just a suggestion (it's `daniweb community feedback`, isn't it ?) not an order.
Lastly, removing the link wouldn't need more than 2 lines of code (maybe less).

$html = ($post_currently_negative=="0") ? "No hyperlink" : "Show hyperlink";

:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.