Thread title sounds weird, but what i meant is following thing:
For the sake of Karma i am not willing to help users, who need help with coding trojans, viruses, worms and other harmful things, and also users who are not willing to mark their threads as solved (not talking about forgetting it once or twice).
I hardly can remember what i have eaten yesterday, so I of course can't remember all user names on my personal blacklist.
So if the developers of DaniWeb could add a button next to the "Flag Bad Post" a "Add to my blacklist" and also mark threads, that are created by users from the personal blacklist somehow different. So im not wasting time reading such threads.

Don't get me wrong, I am not whining or something. I just don't want to help such people who doing harm to others computer or stealing personal information from "naiv" users.

Reply or discussion on it are welcome.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Have a look at this topic which talks about something similar. AFAICT, ignore list is the closest you can get when it comes to "blacklist".

Everything that was written as possible solutions are not really good.
Downvoting...hmm that doesn't happen a lot (at least in the VB forums)
Ignore list ... only hides the post of that user but not visible from the thread list. Also it could happen that this "ignored user" have replied to a thread with the correct answer and then im unable to see that and wasting time again, finding a solution, that already exist.
Checking the users reputation before reply to a thread? yes sure if i want to spend all day doing check on every user who ask a question. Thats over the top.

Im not asking for a "idiot button", I am 36 years old, and IF i have learned something, then it is the fact that Idiots are the majority.

Everything that was written as possible solutions are not really good.
Downvoting...hmm that doesn't happen a lot (at least in the VB forums)

So? It happens enough. And even if in your opinion is doesn't happen enough, so what? Downvote them and it happens more? IMAO, your reasoning why you won't downvote is nonsensical.

Ignore list ... only hides the post of that user but not visible from the thread list. Also it could happen that this "ignored user" have replied to a thread with the correct answer and then im unable to see that and wasting time again, finding a solution, that already exist.

You asked if you can mark threads started by a blacklisted user. If you see the post is hidden, you can't possibly waste time reading posts from that person. And if you don't want to wast time reading their posts, why do you care if they give a good answer or not? Again, your reasoning make no sense.

Checking the users reputation before reply to a thread? yes sure if i want to spend all day doing check on every user who ask a question. Thats over the top.

If the forum showed us reputation like it used to, this would not be a problem. Now you have to mouse over the left side of the post to see it. I can see this as slightly annoying, so I'll give this one to you.

If the forum showed us reputation like it used to, this would not be a problem.

Indeed, I would really like to have the old green/red blockies back.

and the post number, too.

I just randomly stumbled upon this thread and went to point out that the forums now default to only showing Recommended topics, filtering out those started by users you’re muting in your profile.

Reputation count is now shown alongside posts as well, without hovering required.

All you need to do is head over to Settings> More Settings> Network Selection> Automatic or Manual. Now, choose manually and wait for 10-15 seconds and your smartphone will show the available networks within your reach.Your personal blacklist is the key to preventing unwanted spam, scams, and phone harassment. ... When someone calls you from a phone number on your personal blacklist, ...

commented: Unrelated to the question being asked +0

Usman, they’re asking about a DaniWeb blacklist. Not a phone blacklist.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.