Am deciding to create a Personal Banking software that manages some 3-4 bank accounts. I know to interlink the Access database.

According to Personal Banking, the concept is that one person may have accounts in 2 or 3 banks. So Personal Banking software helps one to manage all 2/3 accounts. This includes, calculation of interest(quarterly), Debit and Credit informations. The software is not needed to be linked to online. Just the users are needed to update the information on their own just as they do the paper writing. only thing the software does is that it calculates the interest quarterly, Shows the balance amount in the account and calculates the total amount spend during a specific period(which is chosen using datetime textbox)

Now the question is that, I need to create an access db for each bank account. For the above mentioned details, pls guide me with code how to create a software. The software is to be handy and simple. I don't need a professional one. Just I need to interlink with another software i developed. Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

If you want to add a Microsoft Access Database, then you can add BindingSource, and modify it's property:
DataSource: None
to
DataSource: your database.mdb
See the attached images.
Now to all files you have only to go in Property - Data - DataSource, select the source that you want, and press ok, i hope i will helpful to you! Have a nice day!

@newuservb.net

If you want to add a Microsoft Access Database, then you can add BindingSource, and modify it's property

Pls read my post..

Am deciding to create a Personal Banking software that manages some 3-4 bank accounts. I know to interlink the Access database.

My question is to find the balance at the end using the datagridveiw...

Riteman...
You didn't mentioned with a single word that you are using a Gridview, so you can't expect an answer for it.
Also your post is very vague.

Now the question is that, I need to create an access db for each bank account. For the above mentioned details, pls guide me with code how to create a software. The software is to be handy and simple. I don't need a professional one. Just I need to interlink with another software i developed.

1. Is there a specific reason why you need to create a Database for each account and not adding just tables for each account in one database?
2. "guide me with code how to create a software" makes no sense if reading ahead => "another software i developed". Obviously you know already how to develop software, don't you?
3. Interlinking with your software while noone knows what software are you talking about and what you trying to archive.

At all your post is not even close to be clear. I suggest you to write a more clean post, including what you have, where you stick and what you trying to archive.

You want datagridview connected to a database, right? But on this you want to load all accounts information, or all information of ONE SELECTED account? And you want the balance of what? May I have the source for this...

@newuservb.net and @geekbychoice

:( sorry for being not specific.. let me come to the point directly..

Am just creating a software package in vb.net named "MY COMPANION". Its features are maintaining ones information. In this software package I included Dictionary, Phone Book, Day to day diary. Now I need to add some more to that package. One of it is Banking. As i said before, a person (even me!) has 3 accounts in various banks.. everytime I forget the transactions that i performed and I goto ATM to check the recent transactions. So I came to conclusion of building a soft for it. Being a beginner in VB.NET I know Add data source in the form of Datagridview from msaccess and perform some editing, deletion, updating. But I couldn't figure it out how to add the values in a row in the datagridview for finding total. Naturally for maintaining some transactions, we need to find the balance amount by crediting and debiting the transactions. Till now I created only the user interface with no codings.

Also I created 3 databases for 3 accounts and 3 forms (in vb.net) for each accounts.

3 databases for 3 accounts is a bit weird. Event 3 tables, 1 per account, isn't really the best way to do. Considering each is going to display pretty much the same information, I wouldn't have bothered with 3 forms either.
You could have one table that stores all the transactions (money in and out) and simply include the account as part of each record. Transactions could be stored as positive or negative amounts and then the SQL SUM function will instantly give you the total amount in any of the account.

Mmh.... hericles is right. Now I understand... I am trying with a code on my computer, if it worled I will post it .

@Hericles.. Am not good in SQL.. can u help me more with that. Moreover 3 Forms are exactly same.. only the mane of bank changes. So I need at least a snippet of code to add a row containing certain numbers. Say the TRANSACTION is a field name having some +1500,-200,+300,+500,+500,-100. Now am able to list out in vb.net interface. Only thing is that when I press a button named 'Balance'

Private Sub Balance_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Balance.Click
       TextBox1.text= 'What should Come Here? That adds +1500,-200,+300,+500,+500
                      'The data are in the Field in DataGridView
End Sub

Table Name : Banking

Thanks for ur help so far

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.