Member Avatar for HTMLperson5

I have been getting dodgy emails (snapshots attached to this post), all these spammers seem to be finding my contact at Daniweb. I really don't use daniweb that much any more, and I dont want all these people finding my contact and spamming me with random shit.
So how do I delete my Danwieb account to prevent this?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

You can also remove your details from your user page and disable the emails from Daniweb, no need to delete account.

If you stupid, sorry irresponsible, enough to publish your email details... What you expect. So easy to write simple script to search forums for combinations as @hotmail.com or @gmail.com

Peter, I think he's referring to how member profiles show MSN usernames and such, which often times are people's full email addresses. We should actually be encrypting those ...

OK fixed :) Your social media contact information (that you provided in your member profile) will no longer show up to non-logged in members from your member profile, so it should no longer be able to be crawled by bots, etc.

Peter, I think he's referring to how member profiles show MSN usernames and such, which often times are people's full email addresses. We should actually be encrypting those ...

I know what he was referring too ;) It his member personal failure to keep this details there. Nobody in right mind in the present state of internet will leave this in open view and it doesn't matter if this is vissible to logged members or just a harvesting bot

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.