There is another bug with activity point,Upvote,downvote.
Whenever any person votes and then undo vote ,it is treated as vote (shows in upvote and downvote of that person) with vote count corrected(i.e.,if it was 0 and person downvoted and then undo downvoted then net vote recied for a post is showing 0 that is correct but the post is displayed in down voted section.And also activity is increased.
vote1vote2

Recommended Answers

All 24 Replies

I hope this isn't the case, because I have accidentally tapped the down vote button while using my tablet, but then thought I corrected the problem by undoing it. I don't down-vote people, I don't think it's necessary.

on undoing it count is corrected but it will show in that person's list that which post was downvoted although the count will be corrected.I have checked this myself.

It seems to have affected my upvoted / downvoted lists too: There's one post with 0 votes in my upvote list, and I know it hasn't been downvoted because my downvote count hasn't changed.
In fact I even noticed that after my name change all of my previously downvoted posts have dissappeared from the downvoted list, as the count of downvoted posts on my profile page suggests.

I have seen a few of my posts with 0 upvotes/down votes. And I have also seen that I can't give points on my ipad...

@<MICHAEL>

See this post regarding ipad voting.

Oh, okay then... guess the ipad never worked then...

Yes @mvmalderen is right.If you downvote and then undo downvote ,then you cannot see the actual posts that were downvoted.I forgot to mention this.

i.e.,if it was 0 and person downvoted and then undo downvoted then net vote recied for a post is showing 0 that is correct but the post is displayed in down voted section.

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Are you seeing a post with 0 in your posts voted down page? Can you link to a specific post that has the problem?

And also activity is increased.

That's by design.

Are you seeing a post with 0 in your posts voted down page? Can you link to a specific post that has the problem?

This post has shown up in my upvoted posts list as having 0 upvotes (I'm pretty confident about it, that it didn't get downvoted for two reasons: it is not in my downvoted posts list, and - as mentioned earlier - my downvoted post count didn't change).
Between the time of writing this post, and back then, the number of upvotes seems to have changed to 1. I don't know whether that is the correct count.
Noteworthy is perhaps that I checked using two different browsers at the time the issue occured, the result being the same.

I don't know whether that is the correct count.

Unfortunately, I don't have direct access into the production database to query those records. However, if the count changed from being wrong to being (supposedly) correct, it may just be a delayed display issue. Perhaps the cache isn't being updated as quickly as it should.

@deception: it is not caching problem i guess.check this forum.here i have received upvote but point affected is +0 although you can see mvmalderen(who upvoted ) can affect reputation by +13.In my http://www.daniweb.com/members/906747/IIM/comments it is showing +0 for the same.

@mvmalderen:- i have already posted this bug an sorry but i have downvoted just to show this,then i have used undo.

Considering these forums were written from the ground up by Dani, (there are very few people who have such a skill) and is incredibly feature rich, there will be anomalies. I'm not claiming to know Dani, but going purely off observation she'll be quite glad you've identified this and is probably squirreling her way through reams of coding to fix it, if there is a problem.

One feature I love about these forums is the way there is an alert if you are part way through a post and you choose to move away from the page - in the browser that is, I don't think it says anything when I get up out of my chair... yet... :-D

With Daniweb being such a vibrant, feature rich forum, its not surprising that there will be the occasional quirk.

@deception: it is not caching problem i guess.check this forum.here i have received upvote but point affected is +0 although you can see mvmalderen(who upvoted ) can affect reputation by +13.In my http://www.daniweb.com/members/906747/IIM/comments it is showing +0 for the same.

I think you're confusing two different problems (as I understand the reports) which may or may not be related.

1. Posts in the up voted or down voted lists shouldn't be there.
  2. Reputation applies 0 points when it shouldn't.

Yes deception,there are two bugs.
1) It is not applying correct reputation point.
2) On undo of upvote point,count of total upvote/downvote(i am not sure of upvote but it is there for downvote) is not changing as it should.Also list of upvote/downvote then is not showing correct.It will show list after the undo is done.

One feature I love about these forums is the way there is an alert if you are part way through a post and you choose to move away from the page - in the browser that is, I don't think it says anything when I get up out of my chair... yet... :-D

That feature is actually planned and will be coming within the next few months. We're just perfecting the webcam technology necessary right now. :)

@Dani :- one more problem while uploading attachments.If we keep on clicking the 3 alignment buttons provided to show location where image will be visible it will keep on adding.Refer Attachment for the same.To upload_problem1

If we keep on clicking the 3 alignment buttons provided to show location where image will be visible it will keep on adding.

That's the intended behavior. You attach one file, but can embed it multiple times even with the same alignment:

44e
44e
44e

Restricting each attachment to a single embed would be unnecessarily limiting, IMO.

Yes deception,there are two bugs.
1) It is not applying correct reputation point.
2) On undo of upvote point,count of total upvote/downvote(i am not sure of upvote but it is there for downvote) is not changing as it should.Also list of upvote/downvote then is not showing correct.It will show list after the undo is done.

That's three bugs. ;) For #1, I'm working on it, but this is a tricky one as it seems to be intermittent. For #2 and #3 (and possibly #1), you may have to wait until Dani has some time to delve into the production database and get more information from the voting records.

deception it's correct to have this facility to upload,but then there must be option to revove upload from gui than rather than removing code generated after upload. ;)

but then there must be option to revove upload from gui than rather than removing code generated after upload

Um...you mean remove the Markdown tags that embed the image using a button rather than editing the post message? I don't think that would be too big of a deal in a technical sense, but I'm not really seeing the benefit of such a feature given that you can just select the Markdown and delete it.

It was a silly little bug that when cross-referencing posts with votes, to generate the list of upvoted and downvoted posts, I forgot to filter out reversed votes. That bug has been fixed now.

@dani still bug is there.After i downvote any post and undo my vote ,i cannot see any downvoted post of that member.Even count of downvote not decreasing on undo.

Does it help if you navigate away from that page then return to it?

Nope. the list is gone forever.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.