What gives with the bold purple text following the code in this thread? It's confusing, and looks like shit. Is that some new formating change made to the forums?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

It's the "Heading" format, done with # some text #. I guess we can't really be responsible for people's lack of good taste, if they decide to write some text as a Heading, so be it.

Oh, in that case what's the reason for it in the software forums -- suggest Dani remove it there. The only reason I can think where it might be useful is for someone like Davy to write articles. In software programming forums is looks just like Related Forums.

I think it's too big, that's all. Consider this is a heading

Some Heading

and this is a sub-heading:

Sub-heading

I think that the current sub-headings are the size that the headings should be and then have a smaller/different font for the sub-headings. I always thought it was weird to be able to create headings that are the same size as the thread's title.

commented: Agreed! +0

Oh, in that case what's the reason for it in the software forums -- suggest Dani remove it there.

It's basic Markdown. While possible, I don't really see the necessity of restricting the core formatting like that just for the development forums. However, I do agree with Mike that the font could be tweaked...maybe with an underline attribute and a smaller size.

I tend to write articles or code snippets in the software sections that make use of this markup, so I must contest your suggestion to remove it from them.

Member Avatar for diafol

Good points. However, I'm not sure about underlines - they tend to look like links. WHen I use the headings in markdown, I always choose sub-heading as the heading is far too big and as mentioned it looks a bit odd.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.