<rant> Does the 'You have a new Private Message' alert come with a toggle switch somewhere to turn it off? Other than dismissing it directly from the alert itself I mean? Every time I go back to the inbox after having read a PM it pops up again telling me I have a new Pm - I know I have an unread PM, that is why I am reading my inbox. </rant>

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

If you're talking about the PM notification where your private messages link turns yellow, there's not presently a way to turn it off. Further, there's an item on my bug list about that notification not being entirely accurate in all cases, but it's low priority since it doesn't happen often (in my experience at least).

If you're talking about some sort of popup dialog, I have no idea what you're talking about. ;)

If you're talking about some sort of popup dialog, I have no idea what you're talking about. ;)

He's talking about the popup dialog that I implemented yesterday.

Davey, it was a bug that it was doing that. It should be fixed now.

I had one pop up a few minutes ago for a year old message.

That's by design, chrishea, unless I get enough complaints about it. Read your messages!! :)

Oh, and also, I fixed the bug recently introduced where you receive a warning about leaving the page when you're reading a PM because the editor is populated.

Thanks Dani - the popup when already reading your inbox bug has indeed been solved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.