Using IE and I've noticed that any member that does not have an avatar is showing a broken img box in it's place as default linking to http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/ac4f8177e88d582007f3333d1ce6efc0?d=identicon&s=80

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I'm using IE11 and I see that but in a circle, it's a square like you showed in the member's Profile page. It looks like that on Chrome too. My guess is that's the way it's supposed to be.

It was my computer at work (only place I use IE). I tried it on IE on my home PC and it works fine. Work firewall must be blocking the website that the default avatars are coming from causing them to break.

Member Avatar for diafol

Shame - those blasted carpet tile gravatars should be blocked - period. WHat the hell's the point of them? It's not as if they're memorable or give character to an user. All it means is that this guy couldn't be arsed to provide an avatar, so here's a shite carpet tile instead. Rant over.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.