I would like my thread deleted because it is full of mistakes, it hasn't got any replies so I hope this will not be a problem.
Thank you, the link is here: Click Here

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

We don't just delete threads, unless it is in violation of our rules.

Why doesn't the user have the option of deleting his own post??

okay, well I polietly ask that it be taken down because it is full of errors, it is somewhat confusing, and the code I submitted does not run, but if you decide not to do so then I cannot argue.
Thank you

Because there's a strong risk of breaking thread continuity. Users have a window of time after posting in which posts can be edited (and possibly deleted, I honestly can't recall). After that window the post is set in stone and can only be modified by moderators.

because it is full of errors, it is somewhat confusing, and the code I submitted does not run

You can update the thread by replying to it with corrections.

You have 30 minutes to edit, that's it. In most cases a post already has replies, and deleting them all would be very rude to the people who took the time to answer. In case of deleting a reply, that could cause the thread to lose all meaning.

if you decide not to do so then I cannot argue.

I won't. I'll leave it up to one of the admins. They'll see your post soon enough.

Can't see any valid reason to delete it, to be honest. OP is asking for help with code, which may yet well be forthcoming and could help other members to learn from the OPs mistakes.

Member Avatar for diafol

In addition, a member could be formulating an answer as we speak, so although there may not be any replies entered in the thread, there could be one in the pipeline, about to be posted. Chances are low, but imagine you being the contributor having spent 15 minutes (or more!) crafting an answer and then discovering that the thread question you are trying to address no longer exists. I'd be tampin'! heh heh.

A quote from the TOS:

Posting
Posts contributed to the community immediately become the property of DaniWeb upon submission. Members may edit their posts for a limited time period immediately after, for the purpose of correcting spelling and grammar mistakes and accidental ommissions. After this initial period expires, posts may only be edited or deleted by DaniWeb team members, and only in cases where they do not comply with our forum rules for the purpose of making said content comply with all rules. As a discussion community, posts contributed by many members work together to form coherent discussions. Altering or deleting individual posts may have consequences that unfairly extend to other members of the community. All members are held responsible for their actions. As always, think before you permanently post something on the public Internet.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.