If you write a post without having first logged on, then the option to loggon with DaniWeb credentials is not there. Three other loggon options are there which I don't have, but not Daniweb loggon.

If you then go to top of screen to loggon you loose what you have written, unless you you copy it first.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Yes, unfortunately, it's somewhat "by design" and most likely will not be changed soon. I know, sorry.

The reasoning is that we are strongly trying to move away from the traditional (somewhat legacy) login mechanism to Log In via your social network.

I am not a member of any social network, so I guess I won't be able to login ?

Not currently, no. You will have to be sure you are logged in before posting.

Can you confirm that a 'non social media login' will remain for accessing DaniWeb (rather than the already started creating a post scenario in this thread) as I think that's what DenisOxon was getting at in his last post?

Exactly right HG

Can you confirm that a 'non social media login' will remain for accessing DaniWeb

Yes, there are no plans to remove that functionality. I understand that a lot of people don't use social networks, and/or they are legacy members before our social media logins existed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.