I have a fascination with fun math tricks.... If you know of any, id love to hear them!
Square a 2 Digit Number Ending in 5
For this example we will use 25
* Take the "tens" part of the number (the 2 and add 1)=3
* Multiply the original "tens" part of the number by the new number (2x3)
* Take the result (2x3=6) and put 25 behind it. Result the answer 625.
Try a few more 75 squared ... = 7x8=56 ... put 25 behind it is 5625.
55 squared = 5x6=30 ... put 25 behind it ... is 3025. Another easy one! Practice it on paper first!
Finger Math: 9X Rule
To multiply by 9,try this:
(1) Spread your two hands out and place them on a desk or table in front of you.
(2) To multiply by 3, fold down the 3rd finger from the left. To multiply by 4, it would be the 4th finger and so on.
(3) the answer is 27 ... READ it from the two fingers on the left of the folded down finger and the 7 fingers on the right of it.
1. Grab a calculator (You won't be able to do this one in your head)
2. Key in the first three digits of your phone number (NOT the area code-if your number is 01-123-4567, the 1st 3 digits are 123)
3. Multiply by 80
4. Add 1
5. Multiply by 250
6. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number
7. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number again
8. Subtract 250
9. Divide number by 2
Pamela Anderson weighed 69 pounds
( type 69 )
she figured she was 222 fat!
( type 222 )
She wanted to be 51 pounds
( type 51 )
So she went to Doctor X
( click X )
And he gave her 8 pills
( type 8 )
Then she came out...
( turn calculator upside down )