Ok so my university has assigned me the task of creating a brick breaker game for android phones (full spec below).
What I would simply like to know is which design pattern I should be using to structure my program?
If I should be using more than one which should I use and for which aspects (i.e. which parts of the program) should I use them in?

FULL SPEC:
game should
• Have functionality to start and stop games on screen (i.e. a splash screen to control game play)
• Display the score while playing
• Have a Paddle to keep ball(s) alive.
o Controlled by touches on the screen and/or sensors within the phone
o The player will lose a “life” if the paddle doesn’t keep it alive. (Try different breakout games for inspiration.)
• Have a Ball (more balls will attract a higher mark)
o The ball bounces off walls except for the wall with the paddle
o When the ball hits a box it is removed for a reward (score)
• Have Boxes
o More than one box to be removed (for a reward in score)
o More than one game level, with different layouts and numbers of boxes.
o Levels must be created in a dynamic manner, so that new levels can be created easily.
• Use Multiple Threads

To receive high marks. One must:
• Add multi-phone / multiplayer functionality (using TCP networking) with two players playing against (or collaborate with) each other simultaneously, i.e. two paddles on-screen simultaneously, one controlled by each player (worth max. 15%).

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

It is allowed IF you post links to the other sites where you have asked the same question.
No one likes to waste answering a question that has already been answered.
It allows everyone to follow all the responses for the question.

It is allowed IF you post links to the other sites where you have asked the same question.
No one likes to waste answering a question that has already been answered.
It allows everyone to follow all the responses for the question.

Ok, lol actually that makes a lot of sense I was thinking "whats the problem?" before you put it that way. I'll keep it in mind for next time- cheers

Good. We'll all appreciate it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.