Hi,

I am Steave new here.
I am learning ColdFusion
I hope I will get the answers of my queries from here.

:)

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

why dont you learn more common php or asp.net instead of cold fusion?

because its what he wants to do.

because its what he wants to do.

we as humans are not good at what to want unless we know about other stuff too. and worse every selection we make means dismissal of the other.
so it is crucial to know your options..

>why dont you learn more common php or asp.net instead of cold fusion?
Because he already knows PHP and ASP.NET?
Because his employer requires him to learn ColdFusion?
Because there aren't as many ColdFusion programmers and he could make bank by becoming one?
Because he's simply interested in it and it's none of your damn business?

>so it is crucial to know your options..
You assume too much. smith2009 simply said he's learning ColdFusion. You know exactly nothing about his reasons for doing so, or his knowledge about alternatives.

>why dont you learn more common php or asp.net instead of cold fusion?
Because he already knows PHP and ASP.NET?
Because his employer requires him to learn ColdFusion?
Because there aren't as many ColdFusion programmers and he could make bank by becoming one?
Because he's simply interested in it and it's none of your damn business?

>so it is crucial to know your options..
You assume too much. smith2009 simply said he's learning ColdFusion. You know exactly nothing about his reasons for doing so, or his knowledge about alternatives.

one of my classmates recently said that - according to what he heard- writing one line of coldfusion is the same thing written with 100 lines of c#, remembering that kind of fallacy(it may be true for some certain tasks), i dont think that kind of motivation is good to start to learn a language. it is better to have a good comparison among the options before starting.

>one of my classmates recently said that - according to what he
>heard- writing one line of coldfusion is the same thing written with
>100 lines of c#, remembering that kind of fallacy
The only fallacy is you using hearsay ("I heard it from my classmate who heard it from somewhere") as fact.

>it is better to have a good comparison among the options before starting.
That's a fabulous idea. I strongly suggest that you follow that advice, since clearly you lack the experience necessary to compare ColdFusion to anything, much less recommend alternatives to it.

commented: Both responses here are spot on. +19

>one of my classmates recently said that - according to what he
>heard- writing one line of coldfusion is the same thing written with
>100 lines of c#, remembering that kind of fallacy
The only fallacy is you using hearsay ("I heard it from my classmate who heard it from somewhere") as fact.

>it is better to have a good comparison among the options before starting.
That's a fabulous idea. I strongly suggest that you follow that advice, since clearly you lack the experience necessary to compare ColdFusion to anything, much less recommend alternatives to it.

i like you better when you go wild like this :)

hey and welcome :0

hope you learn what you need and find resources on here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.