Member Avatar for h4ng4r18

Yo,

Greetings from Oxford, UK.

I am a web developer by trade and passion with a background in SQL. .Net during the day and PHP by night.

I was drawn to the site through not only through an appreciation of the life-saving articles hosted here on this clean and fuctional website but also by the prospect of giving something back in return for the time a mentally-noted work-around I found on here saved me :)

Drop me a message - I don't bite.

Always up for a chat,
K.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Hello and welcome.

Welcome to the community!

Awesome. Welcome to DaniWeb!! Plus everyone knows that PHP is better than .NET. There's a reason you do PHP when work is over.

commented: right +0

Hi K, from a little further oop north in West Yorkshire. We are a truly global outfit here at DaniWeb, from the community members through to the admins and moderators - scattered all over the place :)

hello and welcome.

Hi welcome even if im new here :D your not alone :)

Member Avatar for Warrens80

welcome aboard mate.

And you found the light, but had to do it in the dark.
Maybe you'll be able to take php to the light

.Net has done a good job recently of honoring your opinions ;P

How many data types do you need?!

Why do I find myself continuously leaning on work arounds and hacks!

I clocked the microsoft mentality quite early on back in my SSRS days but landed myself a job working for a firm producing .Net applications - Glad nonetheless that when I'm worn out come evening time - the code lends itself towards less typing for more productivity :D

Hello there!

From Oxford hey? I haven't been back there since the day I left university aha, have you studied there by any chance?

And good luck with all that! ^^ agree with @Dani - PHP wins every single time.

Couldn't get out of there fast enough eh?

University isn't something I bothered with I'm afraid

Well hello!

Couldn't get out of there fast enough eh?

Aha pretty much ;p

University isn't something I bothered with I'm afraid

Fair enough, far too expensive lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.