I am fashion designer

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Nice. I'm a fan of Grate Artiste! Why not put your works up on the usual sites and add that to your Daniweb Profile?

What does that link have to do with fashion design?

commented: An example where designers can showcase their work. Also, Grate Artiste is great fun. +0

An example where designers can showcase their work. Also, Grate Artiste is great fun.

Sorry, I don't get it? That looks like graphic design, not fashion design?

commented: I did go looking for fashion designers on Imgur. I picked one I had handy. To me fashion and graphic design are same. +0

To me fashion and graphic design are same.

Graphic design is an artist who makes digital artwork. Fashion designers create clothes. The OP had a failed spam attempt to promote a man's winter coat.

commented: So a graphic designer who makes a graphic and puts it on a t-shirt is not a fashion designer? +0

So a graphic designer who makes a graphic and puts it on a t-shirt is not a fashion designer?

LOL, goodness no! A graphic designer who makes a graphic and puts it on a t-shirt is a graphic designer who prints their graphics on a wearable medium. A fashion designer is the person who designed the t-shirt ... they either went to school for fashion design or are self-taught to understand measurements, neck lines, arm lengths, arm positioning, shirt length, shirt width, fabrics, stitching, sewing, etc.

commented: And a programmer of 3D apparel is not a fashion designer either? +0

And a programmer of 3D apparel is not a fashion designer either?

No, that would make them a 3D modeler. Whether they are creating 3D models of a shirt, someone’s face, a tree, or an animal, their skill set is in the ability to create 3D virtual models.

Someone who paints pictures of houses is a painter, not an architect.

Someone who creates 3D models of trees is a 3D modeler, not a botanist.

Someone who creates 3D models of diamond jewelry is a 3D modeler, not a jeweler or jewelry designer.

Someone who creates 3D models of pants is a 3D modeler, not a fashion designer.

Similarly, someone whose skill set is creating digital artwork denoting XYZ is skilled in creating digital artwork. That doesn’t make them an expert on the subject they’re designing.

Welcome to most amazing platform... Daniweb

Hello! Nice to meet you James...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.