Just another nosy poll. What is your favorite drink in your life?

Recommended Answers

All 35 Replies

I'm the most purist of all tea consumers. More than any others.

Depends on my mood, which depends on what computer language I'm working with. If I'm working with C++, I can normally figure it out and I stick with juice and soft drinks. When I work with JSP, I start with beer, then when I inevitably can't get even my Hello World web page to work I switch to wine coolers. Then malt liquor. As the night progresses and still nothing works for no apparent reason, I steadily hit harder and harder stuff: whiskey, vodka, moonshine, till finally even that isn't enough to dull the pain and I wake up three days later after whatever illegal pharmaceuticals I have ingested have left my system with no recollection of why my window is broken and there is a shattered computer five stories below. Then I remember: JSP.

commented: Haha +3

Tea or Whisky

Usually Just Milk and water

Right now I'm into diet Sunkist Orange soda, diet A&W Rootbeer, diet A&W Cream Soda, and diet Coke. Also love unsweetened ice tea.

I drink so much sparkling water that I am buying a 20lb. Carbon-dioxide tank and will be making my own shortly. I go through about 2 cases of Talking Rain a week (though I have had to cut back since we dropped our Costco membership) -- fortunately my current place of work supplies all the free talking rain I can drink (but that job is ending this week - but then so are the 12 hour days, so it is a wash I guess).

For 'drink' drinks, I drink bourbon & coke in the winter and tequila & tonic in the summer.

The best water I ever drank in my life was tap water in New York state somewhere near the great lakes (I don't recall where but probably close to Buffalo). I stopped in a resturant and had a glass of water with other things. It tasted sooo good that I stayed an hour or so just drinking the water because I couldn't get enough of it. I have never tasted even bottled water that was as good as that tap water in NY.

Tea with milk, milk, and water ..

commented: Great minds think alike! +5
commented: Nice avatar :) +24

Mostly you'll find me with a Diet Dr. Pepper.

do you guys prefer whisky or irish whiskey?

Neither. When I was *a lot* younger, I passed out from wisky... That was the end of my wiskeyadventures.

I drink coffee at day-time (and lots of it) and for inspriration I have a Grolsch-Beugel. (local beer)
Niek

I don't like whisky or burbons. Vodka, Gin, Kalua, Irish Mist are about the only alcholoic drinks I used to drink -- don't do that anymore either. I was never alcholic just stopped drinking due to other medical problems. **sighh**

Pocari sweat, milk but i drink water every day.

At home, I drink bourbon (corn mash whiskey) or Canadian (Rye based). When I have whisky or whiskey out, I generally go to a bar that offers tastings. I will taste 5 different Irish whiskeys or 5 different Scotch whiskys (see I learned to spell the different whiskies correctly). The differences between the various single malts is so cool that I could not afford to keep what I like at home (probably 15 different bottles that would cost $50 or more each); forced to choose I would go with Laphroaig for Scotch or well, I can't really decide on Irish.

It has to be water. At home or even in restaurants, I like to have nice cold glass of water to help the food go down :-)

>> do you guys prefer whisky or irish whiskey?

I'm going to say whiskey, but being Irish and narrowminded I haven't really tried many of the Scottish brands. My brother likes the earthy taste (his words), of whiskys... Contrary to stereotype I don't really think that much nor that heavily, but I do like whiskey a lot.

i like scotch whisky, glen morangie, glen grant or glenlivet are my faves

I voted for milk if it includes hot chocolate!

What might be the difference? A popular legend is that St. Patrick introduced distillation to Ireland and later Britain. In Ireland the product was called "uisce beatha" meaning "Water of Life".

Yep. "Uisce beatha" does indeed mean that. It's the Irish for Whiskey (Irish is a poetic language). "ish-keh beh-ha" if you wanna know how to say it.

As JB will probably confirm, whiskey (with an e), is Irish whiskey differing from whisky (no e), which is Scottish.

I'm not so sure about St. Patrick introducing distillation in Ireland though. Though there is a marked increase in alcohol consumption on March 17h ... so you may have a point!

I drink green tea all day long, go through a few gallons a week.

When it comes to 'drinks' if I'm just unwinding after a long day I love a good gimlet, when I party its usually NOS and Vodka or what ever beer is flowing. For diner I'll match my meal with the corresponding beer and for social drinks I prefer a nice white wine.

And I prefer Canadian Whisky when it comes down to it, though admittedly I've never had Irish whiskey

irish people like twomers say that irish whiskey which is distilled (twice?) is better than scotch but IMHO its not

>> (twice?)
One better! Thrice. It's not only the distillation. It's made in 'tanks' (I can't remember the word ATM), which were used previously. The tastes add over time. I think Irish Whiskey has a nicer taste than others I've tried, but I'm willing to accept that it's down to personal taste and national pride.

we use stills then cask it

i like

scotch
irish
american

in that order

we use stills then cask it

i like

scotch
irish
american

in that order

I thought you were much too young to drink alcohol.

I tried drinking beer once, from that day I have always wondered how can people like something that tastes that horrible. I will settle for Pepsi anyday.

I thought you were much too young to drink alcohol.

Legal age is 18 in the UK.

And 16 in some countries in mainland Europe.

>> I thought you were much too young to drink alcohol.
Also a subtlety ... being too young to buy alcohol doesn't mean you can't get it.

14 in spain/portugal

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.