The attached .bmp is a captured screen shot I took. I was rather curious about what is the cause of this during a gameplay, I am not just asking this because I am playing a game, but what is the reason for this? Unhandled exception, what is the cause of it in general or specifically to this game application?

And for example, when a software specifications stated recommended 256MB of ram , does that mean even though we have 1 GB ram when we bought the computer and say we got 900MB already used up, it is not wise to run this software since we got 100MB available only?

Does software specifications talk about available RAM or your TOTAL ram?

Secondly, if one is interested in knowing about Operating Systems, tweakings, editing the registry and all, is Computer Science or Computer Engineering more suitable to take
as a degree programme? And what are the major differences and career opportunities between these 2 majors?

Thank you for helping me with this.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

OK I believe that the game you are playing has a bug, I am not sure how to figure out why it is crashing (someone else here might though) But I see you have visual studio 2005 installed. With regards to your RAM question, how have you used 900mb?

Oh, I am just giving an example. I dun use 900mB! Usually, I will have used up 500mb. A bug in my game!! Re-install or patch is a good idea? But I feel the latest patch only have to do with some multiplayer issues.

OK I believe that the game you are playing has a bug, I am not sure how to figure out why it is crashing (someone else here might though) But I see you have visual studio 2005 installed. With regards to your RAM question, how have you used 900mb?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.