So, what do the denizens of DaniWeb think about gay marriage in California?

The forces for both sides are gearing up for an initiative fight in November that might be more expensive than the presidential battle in the state. The LDS (Mormon), Catholics, and Baptists are contacting all their bishops (and other leaders) to try and ensure that the CA constitution to limit marriage to a man and woman -- where do you stand?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

So, what do the denizens of DaniWeb think about gay marriage in California?

The forces for both sides are gearing up for an initiative fight in November that might be more expensive than the presidential battle in the state. The LDS (Mormon), Catholics, and Baptists are contacting all their bishops (and other leaders) to try and ensure that the CA constitution to limit marriage to a man and woman -- where do you stand?

I'm for gay marriage. I think in thirty years people will be amazed that before 2008 gay people couldn't get married and that it was even controversial. It will seem just as bizarre to them then that gays could not marry as it seems bizarre to us now that in 1958 you could be arrested for marrying outside of your race.

It was actually 1967 when the last vestiges was finally nailed shut by the supreme court:

May 5, 2008 (may she RestInPeace) - Mildred Loving, a black woman who married a white man in 1958, when interracial unions were banned in their home state of Virginia, died last week. The couple's case made it to the Supreme Court, which overturned the Virginia ban in 1967.

They were married in the State of WA then moved back to VA where they began the process of getting to the supreme court. What are the odds that a similar thing will happen with gay marriage? Legally married in CA then move to a state where it is banned and....

Well, it gives the religious right and Mr. Schwarzerneger something to do! The economy is going down the tube, but by golly at least the gays can't have a wedding!

I don't have a problem with gay marriage. I have heard many straight people say that gay marriage will destroy the concept of triditional marriage between a man and a woman. Nonsense. I've been married (to a woman) for 46 years and nothing gays do will diminish my marriage. Why is what gays do in the privacy of their homes any of my business? I know one gay couple here in St Louis who have been together mogonomously for 20+ years. What makes their devotion to each other any better or worse than mine ?

[satire]I heard someone say "Let them marry and be just as miserable as the rest of us!"[/satire]

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.