I am thinking about becoming a programmer and have a BA in socail science and computer tech certificate. Can I ge a job with just either a C ++ certificate or Java certificate. Which one would be better to take. Please advise.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

It really depends on what you want to be programming. learning c / c++ will give you a very good base for all other programming languges.

ITs really hard to say which one will be more useful for a job. C++ would be a more difficult language for most people though, and if you only know C++ for console application programming, the opportunities are very limited.

in a c++ book i read a statement like this : java is c++ without the bugs. i have never worked with java though, but i believe java is like c#.

in a c++ book i read a statement like this : java is c++ without the bugs. i have never worked with java though, but i believe java is like c#.

You sure that's a c++ and not java book?

well i think that it is easier to learn java then to start learning a programming code but it depends on which type of job your looking for i personally think C# is the best for a programming language

well i think that it is easier to learn java then to start learning a programming code but it depends on which type of job your looking for i personally think C# is the best for a programming language

This statement makes little sense. Are you under the impression that Java is not a "real" programming language?

actually since java has its own run time, we can say that it is a managed code like c#, both has their own run times, JVM and CLR respectively, so your code is handled with these runtimes environments and their just in time compilers. That may be why he said java is easier to learn as well as c#.

Perhaps, I guess it depends on how you decipher "then to start learning a programming code".

VB.NET is enough

Java is easier to get started with and teaches better OOP principles. It also opens the door to developing dynamic pages, applications for mobile phones, java applets, etc....

C and C++ however, in my experience, seems to be more in demand.

From Java its quite easy to transition to C++ and likewise the other way around.

P.S VB.NET sucks, C# is better. Personally i prefer c# to java but thats just me.

They are a whole different league though, C has the embedded market, but java is slowly eating into this with regard to mobile pohones. Java and C# are interpreted whereas C++ is compiled. C++ is also very basic in terms of the core langiage, whereas java includes lots and lots of standard libraries.

I am seeing java is having more job oppurtunities than that of C++ , but C#/.NET can compete with java.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.