Since i have been using XP while waiting for my desk to be fixed i have using wmp10 and 1 thing i like about it is: THE ABILITY TO DISABLE ENHANCED CONTENT IN STREAMS!! (Spam ads,crap that bogs down your player)

I dont think you can disable it in 9 im not sure......

Does anyone know what file controls this function?? (IT IS K-RAD!!)

I was thinking of swapping the file on my computer and seeing if MAYBE it would them work on 9 also

This is what i mean

Open this in wmp10

www.80sreload.com/high.asx

When the box comes up asking to allow the "Enhanced content" click no...... Then load the stream again and click YES and see what i mean!!

IF YOU DONT GET PROMPTED YOU MIGHT HAVE TO GOTO TOOLS/OPTIONS/SECURITY and UNCHECK "DO NOT PROMPT ME BEFORE PLAYING ENHANCED CONTENT...." THEN LOAD THE STREAM AGAIN :)

I found out what key in the reg triggers this

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences

DWORD key: "HTMLViewAsk" with a value of 1

When i put this key into my wmp9 entries it still doesnt prompt me which means there is 1 file that 10 uses that has this in it that 9 doesnt have in its copy........

wmp.dll OR wmpcore.dll or something and if anyone knows what file it is,it would be awesome!!

I suppose i could search ALL FILES for a certain word on the XP upstairs and see if it may come up,i dunno............ ("Enhanced" maybe)

An interesting project!!

Thanx for any help :)

I finally figured out how to do it in wmp9!!

When the embedded crap loads in your player click VIEW/GOTO then click 'Copy to CD or Device' .. Wait until that screen loads on your player then click VIEW/GOTO and click "Now playing" again.....

Now you have the stream WITHOUT ANY EMBEDDED CRAP!!

I knew i could do it,wmp9 is the best of that series!!

WMP 9 :)

Hey Dude-I've seen your name in different forums and know you get around. You probably have all ready seen this page, but if not---enjoy a good read.
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html

:D

Yes lots of info on that page (Unfortunetly it doesnt tell what i wanted to accomplish)

Luckily i found another way to do it :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.