I have never programmed before but would like to learn. I was thinking a good project to start on would be getting and infopath 2007 form I developed for work to submit into an outlook (either shared on the network or individual calendars) calendar. I work at an IT department that supports about 1000 users and we have a very high turnover rate in our call center. Right now the system we have set up is when we get a new hire their supervisor submits an infopath form to us saying if they need a computer, phone etc. set up or if their going to use existing hardware. We have a hard time keeping up with that right now so I would like it to submit new hires to our IT calendar on the network or to our own individual calendars using sharepoint 2007. Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I have never programmed before but would like to learn. I was thinking a good project to start on would be getting and infopath 2007 form I developed for work to submit into an outlook (either shared on the network or individual calendars) calendar. I work at an IT department that supports about 1000 users and we have a very high turnover rate in our call center. Right now the system we have set up is when we get a new hire their supervisor submits an infopath form to us saying if they need a computer, phone etc. set up or if their going to use existing hardware. We have a hard time keeping up with that right now so I would like it to submit new hires to our IT calendar on the network or to our own individual calendars using sharepoint 2007. Any suggestions?

The forms submit to a sharepoint library we have set up

The language to use is definitely C#. What API to use depends on which version of Exchange you're using.

def so, 2007 is much different than 2003

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.