We all know that Obama has made it clear that he is going to make restrictions on outsourcing businesses. If implemented then that means trouble for many countries that relies on outsource businesses like call centers and other businesses. Do you think it’s a sound decision made by him?

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

No, it's a racist decision.

No, it's a racist decision.

You sound exactly like a member who was recently banned. (Rashakil something....) Don't go the same path as he did ;)

What? Why would I censor myself in afraid of being banned?

What? Why would I censor myself in afraid of being banned?

It's your choice of course. I'm just saying ;)

I think he's most focused on the US economy. This move has everything to do with trying to keep money in the United States. Yes, it will probably be bad for some other countries, but I highly doubt the move was racially motivated.

US for americans wouldn't be the slogan?

I was thinking on Hawaii...

I feel its not much good decision.... by making restrictions on outsourcing businesses countries it will affect the economic growth of the country.

Wow. The only people that agree with outsourcing, are the ones benefiting from it, yet, they say they have the other countries in mind and are not selfish. That is bs. Its not that hard to understand economics. If payroll is sent to another country please tell me how that money is going to be recirculated into OUR COUNTRY. Not to mention, it is increasing our unemployment rate, which increases the need for welfare. Its not rocket science! If you want to help out the other countries so bad, go live there!!!!! I understand trading and imported goods. But, we have always traded and imported so why is the economy bad now!? Maybe because outsourcing is steadily rising?

We all know that Obama has made it clear that he is going to make restrictions on outsourcing businesses. If implemented then that means trouble for many countries that relies on outsource businesses like call centers and other businesses. Do you think it’s a sound decision made by him?

Yes, I agree with Obama on this issue 100%. Outsourcing needs to stop, American jobs need to stay in America not some other country.

Of course outsourcing might be ok if USA could tax them and require them to hire American employees. But I know that will never happen.

Will it hurt other countries? Myself, I could care less whether it does or not.

There is one solution to this: other countries outsource their jobs back to USA.

commented: Because freedom is bad! -1
commented: because sturm is an idiot +9

We should definitely prevent any sort of international trade because it hurts American jobs. No country has ever had severe economic problems like crippling depressions due to the shutdown of international trade.

Wusses!

You were all to ready to exploit the cheap overseas labour so long as the economic pendulum was swinging in your direction. Now that it's turned, you want to get off the ride?
This should be a challenge and an opportunity, not run away and hide.

Yeah, run and hide under mummy's protectionist skirt for a while until it all blows over. The only country to land a man on the moon, reduced to a shivering wreck. Who knew it would only take 40 years.
Make it happen again and stop wibbling.

Oh, and exactly the same rhetoric is playing out this side of the pond as well. It plays well with "joe the plumber" types, but really doesn't go anywhere to solving the problem.

So if you want your phone bills to double because the call centres are now staffed by overpaid Americans, then go for it. Soon enough you'll end up with another "GM" fiasco, with an over-staffed and under-achieving workforce which is hard to manage properly because "we got a union".

It's the same problem here - too much white-trash illiterati who think they're too good to do some of the menial jobs that need to be done, then get all huffy when "foreigners" come in and take "their" jobs. Newsflash sunshine, if wasn't your job to take, because you weren't doing it to begin with.

Remember, if you're in a job which was "created" by government policy, then it can just as easily be "lost" again by another change of government policy. Governments are like that, masking cluelessness with activity.

> Outsourcing needs to stop, American jobs need to stay in America not some other country.
Other country goes poor, other country stops buying expensive military jets still manufactured in America, by Americans.
Result - another bunch off to Washington cap in hand. Do you guy's like watching repeats on TV or something?
Only this time, it's people with some actual skill losing their jobs, not someone who can just answer a phone and read a script.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unintended_consequence

commented: good points! +6

Outsourcing doesn't need to *completely* stop, but yes, quite a bit of it does need to come back to the states. I've been in a job that was moved to a different country, and trust me, it sucks. *yes* I was doing the work, *yes* I was doing it well. so *yes* they took *my* job.

Will it fix our economy? nope. Everyone else is suffering even more than we are, how is bringing less than .01% of the income back to the states really going to help us.

You sound exactly like a member who was recently banned. (Rashakil something....) Don't go the same path as he did ;)

he is refered to here by Rashakil Fol. I think they are close friends.

commented: Rashfool you mean? :P +6

Yes, I think it's a good direction. And it has nothing to do with racism, as it's a matter of nationality, not race.

It makes perfect sense to me to try:
1.to return jobs to the U.S. during a period of high unemployment
2.to encourage companies (and consumers) to remember that everything in the universe isn't supposed to be geared exclusively to what's cheapest
3.to keep responsibility in the U.S.; I'm not only fed up with outsourced customer service to countries where they're clueless, but I'm also thinking of examples like the time someone in India, I think it was, was holding American radiology records hostage

As I read the comments I can not help to wonder how clueless most of you are about economics, and what has made this country the envy of many nations for a long time. It is only now, and exactly, because the same mentality of ill ideology, that we are becoming a crippled and unreliable state.

I know it is counter-intuitive to think that if you are poor, you should keep everything you have and not give anything away, because you are in need. But think about this; whosoever keeps his fist tight because wants to hold what he has since he's in need, misses the opportunity to receive, since his hand is close.

"The Land of Opportunity" is what this Nation used to be fondly referred to. We should go forward being the best at what we do, innovating, and once we master the innovation, outsource it, so we can keep focusing in innovating and growing economically. Letting others benefit as well, which ironically, will create a dependency in those nations that wants our business. Mutual benefit is not a bad thing. And that's what trade is.

I know that the liberal machinery has made you believe for quite sometime that the opposite to what I have said is what we need. And that those bastards, greedy corporations and CEOs are taking your job out of you. And to prove their point, they have practically stalled the economy and ruined the growth we had.

Wusses!

You were all to ready to exploit the cheap overseas labour so long as the economic pendulum was swinging in your direction.

Not so. We have been complaining about it for years. Its the Big Business who have been doing that, not the working class American citizens who lost their jobs over the past 20+ years. None of our Presidents over the past 20 years have had the balls to do anything about it.

As I read the comments I can not help to wonder how clueless most of you are about economics, and what has made this country the envy of many nations for a long time. It is only now, and exactly, because the same mentality of ill ideology, that we are becoming a crippled and unreliable state.

I know it is counter-intuitive to think that if you are poor, you should keep everything you have and not give anything away, because you are in need. But think about this; whosoever keeps his fist tight because wants to hold what he has since he's in need, misses the opportunity to receive, since his hand is close.

"The Land of Opportunity" is what this Nation used to be fondly referred to. We should go forward being the best at what we do, innovating, and once we master the innovation, outsource it, so we can keep focusing in innovating and growing economically. Letting others benefit as well, which ironically, will create a dependency in those nations that wants our business. Mutual benefit is not a bad thing. And that's what trade is.

I know that the liberal machinery has made you believe for quite sometime that the opposite to what I have said is what we need. And that those bastards, greedy corporations and CEOs are taking your job out of you. And to prove their point, they have practically stalled the economy and ruined the growth we had.

i totally agree

commented: Look! A Me too! -1
commented: Don't worry about the bad rep, not everyone is like scru. +16
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.