whitespider 0 Newbie Poster

Hi,

I've got a little bit of a mental block on at present so sorry if this is not crystal clear.

What I am trying to achieve is thus, take an exisitng J2ee/struts application that runs on server A and allow Company B using their servers/application (serverB) to present it in a seemless and branded fashion (software capable of css per user). The net result being that clients of B would see this app within site B, but never feel like they left this site, despite running on A or partly on A (iframe). The ideal solution would be no hardware changes for clients, just a page reference/service.

All I can think of is re-engineer the app to cater for web services and consume them on the various client sites. I've looked in some depth at the possibility of using mod_proxy or even mod_rewrite with AJP, sub domains, but I just end up at dead ends. I can't really see eitehr of these working in reality.

It's complicated by the fact that I need to retain anonimity of A for the clients on B. I really do not want to use an iframe, but I fear this is the only way to get a very painless solution in place for potential clients of this application.

So any ideas on this, other than web services with clients implementing methods of consumption. Just need to rule any other ideas out before proposing services.

I think you in advance for reading,
Colin.