Microsoft Sees $100 Million First Day for 'Halo 2'

First-day sales of Microsoft new video game "Halo 2" will reach $100 million, a senior Microsoft games executive said on Tuesday. Still and More Info @ http://www.go4i.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=72

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I was in Manhattan the other day, and there was a huge line of people waiting outside some computer store at nearly midnite to get their hands on the game ;)

I was fixing this big ol hole in my roof where my chiminey was and a delivery guy
throws a clipboard and box up to me on the morning of the 9th.. Halo 2 inside.. special
edition pre-order. I still have yet to play it. Gotta love home improvements.

Halo2 was overhyped. The game is almost identical to the first Halo. All they did was add new weapons and maps. :-|

isn't that the case of all such sequels?

I'd never even heard of Halo, let alone Halo2, until reading about it here (might come from not owning an XBox or from having little interest in games apart from a few I own already) but I don't see what the hype is all about.

Sounds to me like just another first person shooter with a kind of campaign mode, something we have a million releases a year of already.

I remember last week when I had to get Halo2. I had it on reserve from 2 months ago -Special Edition - It was not for me, it was something that I knew my brother wanted, so I decided to do the sisterly thing and get it. Well, my mother paid for the rest of it and she wanted to give it as a X-Mas present. Those were the LONGEST few days of his life. He didn't know that I got it for him.
So on Nov. 9, I came home and out comes my brother, dripping from the shower, demanding to know where hsi copy of Halo2 was. I played dumb.
But, me and my mother dedcided to go ahead and give it to him. He was happy. I have not seen him since.

:lol: So on Nov. 9, I came home and out comes my brother, dripping from the shower, demanding to know where hsi copy of Halo2 was. I played dumb.
But, me and my mother dedcided to go ahead and give it to him. He was happy. I have not seen him since.

LOL! :lol: So how did he know you had it?

My son spent the weekend trying to teach me how to use it!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.