Hi,

I really really need some help here. I have an old analogue tv hooked up to an outdoor antenna which works great and don’t want to have to go out and buy a new hd tv just to get the extra channels.
I was advised that all I needed to o was to buy a hd digital set top box and I would be able to access the extra channels without the hd picture quality, however for whatever reason I cannot get the set top box to work at all on my tv.

Do I need something else to get the new channels...Please can someone help me out here. am so confused!...Thanks

No Replys at daniweb???

Hi,

I really really need some help here. I have an old analogue tv hooked up to an outdoor antenna which works great and don’t want to have to go out and buy a new hd tv just to get the extra channels.
I was advised that all I needed to o was to buy a hd digital set top box and I would be able to access the extra channels without the hd picture quality, however for whatever reason I cannot get the set top box to work at all on my tv.

Do I need something else to get the new channels...Please can someone help me out here. am so confused!...Thanks

Hi this is common, first read the instruction book closely, make sure the wires are connected as the diagrams show for the set top box. Make sure the RF (aerial) cable makes good connection, plug back into TV just to check. All so make sure that the RF cable from aerial is plugged into the IN socket of the set top box & the OUT socket is connected to the TV's aerial input socket. Then connect the red & white audio cables correctly, this should work now.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.