Yeah, they're kind of funny, but I find it suspect that they have an entire advertising campaign designed around dodging the question.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Compared to NetFlix commercials, Geico commercials are award-winning caliber.

You are quite right to some instinct. Although its a funny commercial but i don't like it. That's why i have change the channel when this commercial comes. I just hate it too.

Gee, I am so glad that you don't have anything more important to worry about. :)

Well, Geico is part of Warren Buffet's empire. He has always known what to do. Stupid commercials on TV get the attention of the average TV watcher in the US.

Actually, I am amazed about the large number of commercials from auto insurance carriers! The customer is helpless enough to pay for them. Not by choice of course. There are more auto insurance commercials on TV now than erection commercials.

Actually, I am amazed about the large number of commercials from auto insurance carriers!

What amazes me is each and every company can save you hundreds by switching from one of the others. That basically means you sign up and the insurance company gives you a $300 check! Then you can switch again and get $700 from the new one. It's a really useful thing!

What amazes me is each and every company can save you hundreds by switching from one of the others. That basically means you sign up and the insurance company gives you a $300 check! Then you can switch again and get $700 from the new one. It's a really useful thing!

So true. And they also give you raised rates if you get in an accident regardless of fault as well as raised rates if you are young or male. . oh, and they are kind enough to throw in the lowest possible blue book value for your car if you happen to *need* them, i.e., make a claim. But it's fine if you keep dumping your money into them because hey - you have to, it's the law.

Should you be hapless enough to watch day time TV, then you will quickly notice that each car insurance commercial is followed by two or three commercials from ambulance chasing attorneys.

"Involved in a car accident? We will milk the insurance company for you!"

Yea I wish they would put their money where there mouth is and send is a check for the difference :) But they aren't really that stupid. They just think we (the consumer) are -- and many people actually fall for all that crap.

i, too, hate the geico commercials. it's stale and unfunny and plain annoying. the radio spots, at least. i don't watch tv.

Yea I wish they would put their money where there mouth is and send is a check for the difference :) But they aren't really that stupid. They just think we (the consumer) are -- and many people actually fall for all that crap.

And I remember the car dealerships that would claim:

If we can't beat your best deal, we'll give you the car for free!

What a crock!

I'm not sure if your referring to the one's with the gecko, or something newer that I haven't seen (or saw and it was so bad I've blocked it from my subconscious) but the one with the ringtone is pretty funny. I'd actually like to get that as my ringtone if I could find a decent copy

The fact that they're being talked about means they're successful, which goes to show that annoying commercials make perfect sense to a marketeer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.