hi anyone knows how to create chat for logged in users!!

Recommended Answers

Chat is a very complex system. You start out by checking some basic scripts that implement mysql and PHP based chats. You'll get an idea of how it works.

Jump to Post

My friend is creating a chat room in pure Javascript, so you might want to try that - Javascript.

Jump to Post

All 7 Replies

Chat is a very complex system. You start out by checking some basic scripts that implement mysql and PHP based chats. You'll get an idea of how it works.

My friend is creating a chat room in pure Javascript, so you might want to try that - Javascript.

The basic problem with implementing it in javascript is that if the person has javascript disabled in his/her browser. Be sure to ask your friend to give a message or footnote in the bottom that "Make sure javascript is enabled in your browser."

I will do you a clean php perl chat application. what about that.

Explore :)

let me know if you want it. ;)

thanks vaibhav1983, I will let him know.

Can you please give me a copy richieking?

do you want to store the chat in database or plain file?

What's the difference? I kind of know what you mean, but because its kind of, I need a clarification. Thankyou

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.19 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.