Is their any one out there to tell me what to use instead of Limewire:-/

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Legal Notice
This is an official notice that LimeWire is under a court-ordered injunction to stop distributing and supporting its file-sharing software. Downloading or sharing copyrighted content without authorization is illegal

My advice is to buy with your $$$ the software you want instead of stealing it.

yikes, i didn't realized they are in legal trouble. my friend ancient dragon is right, while file-sharing clients are not illegal, unauthorized copying and sharing or content is... that's not to say that i'm assuming you are downloading anything illegal. many big name vendors make their software, files and drivers available via torrents. uTorrent is pretty popular and reliable.

Just as an after-thought: type "lol limewire" into google and hit "I'm feeling lucky"... :L

commented: LOL :) +0

LMAO, apparently you are a pirate...

commented: Aren't We All! +0

yar har...i am a pirate...bein' a pirate is alright to be.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I've resorted to going to youtube, and using a youtube to mp3 converter.

The quality sucks but it seems the easiest.

Obviously you are not suggesting, are you, that anyone did this to somehow get a free copy of a commercial/copyrighted music track otherwise you would be in breach of the 'keep it legal' rule: "Do not pursue any illegal activity within forum posts"

the air is getting thicker. sharing is caring (only if it's yours to share)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.