While we're here, though, let's take a look a this "Development Challenge":
Create a concept for a valuable and innovative POS 2.0 application using any or all of the IP Commerce Platform or APIs. Impress us with your idea and you could win $5000 to get your app off the ground!
They're actually looking for concept proposals. Look at the judging panel bios--no mention of any technical background, just management and executive-type experience. They may well have some tech chops themselves, but it sure isn't the focus of this "challenge."
Since use of our software is critical to this challenge, you should take some time and review our Commerce APIs.
And in the "Official Rules & Regulations":
The Developers Challenge Series, sponsored by IP Commerce, Inc. is a contest to encourage the development of software applications that highlights the capabilities of IP Commerce® Platform™, Playlists™ and other software
The judges will rate the Entries on the following general criteria:
1. Level and nature of innovation
2. Use of IP Commerce software and tools
3. Marketability of the proposed application
4. Realistic time period for final application development
This is not a contest, it's a marketing strategy. They have an application platform they want to get out into the world. By attaching a cash incentive, they hope to attract a variety of hopeful developers, and they're counting on more participants increasing the likelihood of someone proposing a potentially successful application.
Also, read this carefully:
IP Commerce is not claiming any ownership rights to your Entry. However, by submitting your Entry you:
* are granting us an irrevocable, perpetual, world-wide, fully paid-up and royalty free license to copy, excerpt, edit and repurpose all materials submitted in your Entry and to use, re-use, publish, re-publish and otherwise exploit your Entry in whole or in part, individually or in conjunction with our products or services;
* agree to sign any necessary documentation that we may require to make use of the rights you granted above;
* understand and acknowledge that IP Commerce may have developed or commissioned materials similar or identical to your Entry and you waive any claims you may have resulting from any similarities to your Entry;
* understand that you will not receive any compensation or credit for use of your Entry, other than what is described in these Official Rules.
If you do not want to grant us these rights to your Entry, please do not enter a Challenge.