Member Avatar for diafol

My last available Varg Veum: Falne Engler (Fallen Angels) - subtitled, thank Dog. Will have to search Amazon for the rest :(

Looking at Bad Ass with Danny Trejo for later on.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

That's pretty much the exact opposite of what I said.

Sorry, I think I misread it.

Just watched "Unicorn City". If you've ever been into (A)D&D you should really watch for the fun of it.

Haven't heard the film til now.

Varg Veum

Having trouble seeing the video.

I think Danny Trejo is an awful actor with awful films... (my opinion so don't get mad...)

I think Danny Trejo is an awful actor with awful films... (my opinion so don't get mad...)

Maybe not the greatest actor, but he's an awesome guy.

commented: Nice! +0
commented: great link +0
Member Avatar for diafol

I won't, but I'll send him around to pay you a little visit. :)

Bad Ass was really good. Cheesy in parts, but ignoring the fact that he's close to 70, he's brutal.

Love that guy. Loved the late Bob Tessier too. Love the ugly guys.

How about a Dirty Half Dozen? Who are/were the ugliest mewn in film. I'm not talking Jack Elam ugly, more of the scary Trejo / Tessier mould.

I won't, but I'll send him around to pay you a little visit. :)

I don't mind him coming, but if he does come, I will tell him what i think of him and his films :)

Bad ### was really good. Cheesy in parts, but ignoring the fact that he's close to 70, he's brutal.

Well, that was the point of the film... for a senior citizen to be a bad ass... you technically could have any senior to play that role and consider him a bad ass....

Rondo Hatton (1894–1946). He usually played brutish but dumb characters because of his acromegaly (a pituitary defect that causes uncontrolled bone growth). He was the inspiration for a similar character in The Rocketeer.

Annex_-_Hatton,_Rondo_(House_of_Horrors)_01Hatton_Rondo_01rondoshum2

commented: This is interesting! +0

He usually played brutish but dumb characters because of his acromegaly (a pituitary defect that causes uncontrolled bone growth). He was the inspiration for a similar character in The Rocketeer.

At first I thought he was wearing some mask but when you mention acromegaly I feel sorry for the guy but he manage to be a actor but his life cut short. That is very sad.

My Dad had a cousin with acromegaly. The onset was as an adult a few years after he got married. It wasn't pretty. I think the cause was an inoperable tumor on his pituitary gland.

Member Avatar for diafol

My Scary Uglies Half Dozen:

Joe Viterelli
Danny Trejo
Bob Tessier
Ernest Borgnine
Boris Karloff
Sid Haig (Devil's Rejects)

Member Avatar for diafol

you technically could have any senior to play that role and consider him a bad ###....

Not really. Trejo was a champ boxer in prison. I don't think many almost-70s could work like him.

Watched "The Raid" at the weekend. Not the best film in the world and it's really about the pure violence than it is the story but I loved it, makes me want to take up some sort of martial arts.

Act of Valor is next on my watch list.

My Dad had a cousin with acromegaly. The onset was as an adult a few years after he got married. It wasn't pretty. I think the cause was an inoperable tumor on his pituitary gland.

I don't think there's cure to prevent.

Not really. Trejo was a champ boxer in prison. I don't think many almost-70s could work like him.

He actually killed someone which he admit his mistake. Didn't know he was champ.

Watched "The Raid" at the weekend. Not the best film in the world and it's really about the pure violence than it is the story but I loved it, makes me want to take up some sort of martial arts.

The Raid was very good film.

Member Avatar for diafol

Did Karloff sire Clooney? I have my suspicions.

karloff

Did Karloff sire Clooney? I have my suspicions.

I think Karloff looks more like Christopher Lloyd. I think Clooney might have copy Karloff style

Christopher-Lloyd3

Did Karloff sire Clooney?

Put two days of beard on that picture of Karloff and he'd look a lot like Hugh Laurie as Dr. House.

Member Avatar for diafol

Seems like Karloff was a prolific philanderer!

I saw Identity Thief... it was hilarious (the reviews lie!)! and I am going to watch die hard on saturday!

I saw Land of Pi

Life of pi was pretty good.

i saw Cloud Atlas

Member Avatar for diafol

i saw Cloud Atlas

Well? Any good?

I thought cloud atlas lacked a few things, the commercial was decent but the film sucked...

i saw Cloud Atlas

I actually rent movie but I haven't gotten time to watch it yet.

It's like 3 hours long.

I prefer a film around 100 minutes or 2 hours.

I gonna Taken 2 later tonight.

I decided to see Die hard early (today), it was an awful film... i wanted to die hard because i watched that awful film...

I haven't watched Quest for Fire in many years but last night I watched it. I love that movie because it's one of the only movies I have ever watched where there's no actual language, just mostly grunts and the likes. In saying that, the movie is not dull at all and it's a good interpretation (imo) of how the Earth and its inhabitants were like over 43,000 years ago. A definite recommendation!

The female (Ika) was played by Rae Dawn Chong, daughter of Tommy Chong of "Cheech and Chong". The grunts are an actual language created by Anthony (Clockwork Orange) Burgess. David Prowse (the man in the Darth Vader suit) auditioned for this movie. He also appeared in A Clockwork Orange.

Member Avatar for diafol

Watched about 40 minutes of Cloud Atlas before switching it off. What a load of pretentious shite. I wouldn't waste another minute on it.

Taken 2 - I enjoyed. A bit predictable - why does he leave his wife in the hellhole?

I decided to see Die hard early (today), it was an awful film... i wanted to die hard because i watched that awful film...

Please don't spoil the plot. I will have to wait til it comes out on DVD. I mean the movie did break even. So it has like month or 6 weeks to make some good profit.

Taken 2 - I enjoyed. A bit predictable - why does he leave his wife in the hellhole?

I saw this afternoon. I like it too. It was OK. I mean he's like 60 years old. I mean the only way for him to really fight was with his 2 hands which was quick and fast. That why the action was quick.

I don't think he left her. I hope he does come back for at last film of the series.

Last week I saw, Idenity Theif, and whenever Argo was new I saw that as well. Argo was an amazing movie, could watch that many times, and Identity Theif is pretty funny.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.