Strange. When 'The Hulk' gets angry, he always looses his shirt. But never his pants?!? He also most have lots of expences buying new shirts every time.

EdwardMatthew commented: yes same as I think, why he never looses his pants?? +0

Been a while since I thought of something to add...

I hate the trend these days of showing text messages on a character's phone. These are impossible to read from across the room, even on a big screen TV. In order to keep up with the show I have to keep pausing and walking across the room. In the Cumberbatch/Freeman version of Sherlock, however, instead of showing the screen, they'd show pop-ups of the messages in letters large enough to read. So it can be done correctly. It just mostly isn't.

commented: Very annoying I agree, especially at our age :) +0

I've seen this more often of late. They want to show how alone or isolated a character is (typically the lead) so they show that character unwinding by doing laps in a public pool. Somehow the character is the only person in the pool. No other patrons, no lifeguard, no other staff. Nobody at all. And the lights are always turned way down. I have never been in a pool when there wasn't at least one other person present, yet the lead character always swims in a pool completely alone.

I've been watching a fair bit of old TV shows and old movies. I've noticed that there were a lot more long shots in older shows. And by that I mean duration, not distance. It seems that camera work has followed attention span in that the average shot these days seems to last 2-3 seconds. Perhaps Max Headroom (pilot episode) had it right when they predicted/posited blip-verts. For those who never watched Max Headroom, blip-verts were commercials that were so highly compressed that when watched caused some viewers heads to explode.

I find this particularly bad in home reno shows (my wife loves these) in which they show the rooms of a house before and after reno, but you only get 1-2 seconds of any particular scene - not nearly enough time to assimilate what is being shown.

commented: Short shots in modern film impact engagement. Home reno shows suffer as brief scenes limit detail. A mix could enhance the experience. +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.