Jeez, I'm suprised. Nothing here about WC yet. I guess we don't got too many soccer fans here :sad:

Alrite, I wanna see 2 things posted:

1) Who ya want to win
2) Who will win

Recommended Answers

All 32 Replies

I'll start er off.

1) Trinidad & Tobago - mostly cause they held off Sweeden in a pretty awsome show of not-expected defense.

OR

England - simply put, cause theyre England, and David Beckham's free kick was a gift from God

2) Of course, those damned Brazilans...:(

1 - Argentinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :cool:

2 - Brazil :cry:

1-Brazeeeeeeeeeeeel

2-Brazil

Jeez, I'm suprised. Nothing here about WC yet. I guess we don't got too many soccer fans here :sad:

Alrite, I wanna see 2 things posted:

1) Who ya want to win
2) Who will win

1) Germany or USA
2) Brazil

England, if Rooney's foot permits...

I changed my mind ..

I want BRAZIL, Italy or ARG. to win :cheesy: ..

1 of them HAVE TO WIN :cry: ..

1) England cos it's about bloody time and living here (strangely on account of being english) i wish our lot would finally shut the hell up about 1966 IT WAS 40 YEARS AGO!

2) Brasil cos they just will

I watched Brazil the other day play croatia, and I have to say, I was NOT impressed. Germany looks the best of any team (except for their defence).

I want BRAZIL, Italy or ARG. to win ..

1 of them HAVE TO WIN ..

FRONTRUNNER! lol

>Servercrash

O ya, agreed fully with ya. And about Germany, theyve been playin prettty well.

Brazil + Argentina OUT .. :cry:
ENG is out too :cheesy: ..

now my new heart throb is PORTUGAL and my backup team is Italy LOL ..

now one of them should win -_-

Why such a big smile for England being out? Not that they played well, but then neither did Portugal: neither deserve to win the title. Which is OK becuase Portugal certainly don't stand a chance against France if you go by the form of each team.

Seriously, the French played the best football so far in the whole tournament against Brazil. That game would not have been out of place as the final.

My prediction: Germany vs France in the final, with France winning on the day (probably extra time or penalties though.)

Yesterday was just not England's day. Both in Cricket and Football. Losing Owen was bad enough. But also without Beckham and Rooney, I'd say it is expecting too much from them. Too bad. I would have liked to see England win. But the dissapointment faded to see France win over Brazil. You could see that France controled the game since the start. If France played like they did yesterday, I think they will lift the cup.

Hmmm .. thats coz I dont like them .. >_< long story lol .. nevermind ..

After my team (Argentina) lost the chance I want Portugal to Win... if it cannot be: France, Italy and Germany in that order. :P

I don't like France, Italy or Portugal so I'm not watching anymore world cup. Besides I'm sick of all the actors on the field.

After the superb game last night, which I am glad didn't go to penalties as I hate a match being decided like that, I am now torn between supporting France and Italy.

I guess I will wait and see if France can conjure up a performance anywhere near like that against Brazil, if they can then I will probably get my onions and garlic out. Otherwise I will watch the final with salami in hand :)

Well, what can I say? France had a good first half and then played like England for the second. :lol:

They still deserved to win though, I thought that Portugal were going to bring Greg Louganis on as a substitute at one point, such was the amount of diving they were doing. Absolutely disgraceful, if you ask me, and the main thing wrong with the game at this level.

Still, France vs. Italy should be a good match if the French lift their game like they did against Brazil and the Italians don't revert to form and play their usual defence heavy strategy.

I can't help thinking that Germany vs. Brazil would have been the ideal final though. Brazil for the sheer flair, and Germany to see how their game would be lifted by being the home team.

Silly thing is, I'm not even a football fan. Can't stand the domestic game in England, far too boring. Only watched the World Cup becuase my 8 year old son is a keen school footballer and one has to do the father/son thing. And my soon to be son-in-law is a professional footballer (goalkeeper) so I have pressure from my eldest daughter to take an interest.

:rolleyes:

was rooting for croatia but seeing as they're out looks like it france. zidane is as good as ever!!!!!

Zidane is, it has to be said, a truly magnificent footballing craftsman.

Such a shame that the final on Sunday will also be his final professional match...

hopefully he'll hear voices again... :D

It's been (except the English defeat and Portugals outrageous diving) a fantastic World Cup and it's all over so fast (sigh!) I have watched or listened to almost every match on 5 live and TV and it's been amazing. I don't care if Italy or France win coz I got both of them in the sweepstake MMuhhha hah ha hah hahhaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Zidane is, it has to be said, a truly magnificent footballing craftsman.

....although, combined with Thierry Henry & Paddy Viera, ya got a pretty unstoppable mid/offence.

My money now lays in France.

My prediction: Germany vs France in the final, with France winning on the day (probably extra time or penalties though.)

You're good :mrgreen:

I know more about rocket science than I do about football, which I think I have proven in this thread!

Waits for sub-thread about there being no such thing as rocket science to start :)

For anyone who watched the England/Portugal match:

Saddam Hussein has been found guilty of genocide and sentenced to death by firing squad, He has asked for Lampard, Gerrard and Carragher to be the shooters...

Hahaha thats great :cheesy:

>>Jermany, USA and Brazil.

Seriously: Jermany? :-/

He is Justin Bieber and I claim my five pounds...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.