Here is my perfect world

Mac --> should be used by the regular home user. Macs are easy to use, have all the software a user will ever need incorportated in it. Although not cheap, Macs are built to last. The average user will never have a problem with a mac. The are also to be used by artists, photographers and video editors. Alos for school settings.

Linux --> To be used in workstations and servers. There are a lot less viruses for linux than windows. Linux provides stability and security that enterprises need. Programmers and software developers are to use Linux. Nerds should also use Linux.

Windows --> Windows has a lot of business features. it Should only be used for a business setting and/or school setting. Windows is a powerful operating system that provides many features businesses could use. There is also a plentiful number fo programs and software out there for windows. This is also a very tweakable system, so it meets the business' needs.

So there you have it, my perfect world.

The world we live in:

Mac --> Used by artists, photographers, video editors, and a handful of home users.

Linux --> It's starting to be used by companies, but not very much. Used mostly by nerds.

Windows --> Used by everyone. You to your school and what do they have? windows. You go to the public library, windows. You go to a restaurant, windows. It's taken over the world.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Macs are easy to use, have all the software a user will ever need incorportated in it.

And Windows is not easy, does not have all the software? :rolleyes:

There are a lot less viruses for linux than windows.

That is normal because Linux is not used so much as Windows is. If Linux would take over globaly same thing would happen. There would be a lot of viruses for Linux. Simple. :cheesy:

Agreed. Besides, I feel that Windows is much much easier to use than the Mac. Plus, the sheer range of software available for Windows makes it the winner.

Developers use Linux, but Business uses Windows? I guess that means in the perfect world, no one develops any new applications for Business users? There goes my livelihood.

The most-used OS will have the most viruses (virii?). It's called cause-and-effect.

When Apple includes software, its genius. When Windows includes software, its a monopoly. Hardly seems like a fair comparison.

And Mac hardly included all the software I needed, though it does include some handy applications. (I have a powerbook with Tiger)

So if you deal with graphics of some kind, use a Mac. As for the other 95% of possible applications for a computer? Hmm, guess Windows would be the choice there.

And can we say games on a Mac? Not really.

As for audio recording, I'm much happier with my Windows.

Lets compare the start menu to the dock. Given 50 programs, which is easier to navigate through? Same thing goes for the file browsing, MS file explorer is much nicer is terms of how it presents the data with better customization features. Although, Vista seems to be losing a key view feature in its file browser.

And Mac hardly included all the software I needed, though it does include some handy applications. (I have a powerbook with Tiger)

Obiously you're not a regular home user, but regular home users find all the software they need on a mac.

And can we say games on a Mac? Not really.

Yeah really, every major release for the past 5 years has been released for the mac.

I like this, keep debating.

My loyalty is on Windows --- heck, everyone uses it --- even the Mac and Linux users loves it also

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.