Hey i was just wondering which is the prominent langauge in the United States of America which is used for development. I know it sounds a bit amatuerish but i dont know how to frame this question. Just wanted to know which langauge is worth learning so that the one who knows it would not go jobless in America. Which languages are taught in Universities like Southern California University and are included in the course curriculum.

Waiting eagerly for your reply.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hey i was just wondering which is the prominent langauge in the United States of America which is used for development. I know it sounds a bit amatuerish but i dont know how to frame this question. Just wanted to know which langauge is worth learning so that the one who knows it would not go jobless in America. Which languages are taught in Universities like Southern California University and are included in the course curriculum.

Waiting eagerly for your reply.

I'd say English.

Computer language depends on what kind of development. You'll find different languages for different arenas. IMO, C++ is still the catch-all language, though.

Good one, i completely agree with you on English and computer lang depending on the kind of area i am in but just wanted to know whether Microsoft still holds a market there or the opensource revolution has started to pick up there. Here in India its all PHP, C and MS technologies. Wanted to know the senario there. I was plannign to do my MS in US and wanted to know what kind of language should i stress on here in India so that i can just start developing softwares out there along with some big shot company.

Thanks in advance.

Good one, i completely agree with you on English and computer lang depending on the kind of area i am in but just wanted to know whether Microsoft still holds a market there or the opensource revolution has started to pick up there. Here in India its all PHP, C and MS technologies. Wanted to know the senario there. I was plannign to do my MS in US and wanted to know what kind of language should i stress on here in India so that i can just start developing softwares out there along with some big shot company.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think it's that much different here. C/C++, PHP, and unfortunately MS (is my bias peeking through?) are strong.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

opensource revolution has started to pick up there

I doubt companies will be willing to switch to opensource, well, anytime soon at least. The main reason being is lack of technical support. Stick with the proprietary crap and you won't go far wrong.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.