I am a useing IMAC G5 with OS X. (tiger ). I do lot of vediography and also doing editing etc. I have now switched to mac from windows. I have collected lots of vcds and since this system is not able to make any vcds I wanted to convert all my vcds to dvd format. Can any one tell me how can i do that. I am not a professional. thanks. laxmi mathur

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hello,

ffmpegX is an excellent shareware utility for converting many different formats of video. It should work well for you, and if you really like it, then you can register the product ($15).

I have tried to download ffmpegx but after downloading it says an error
please help

I have tried to download ffmpegx but after downloading it says an error

Please be more specific. Do you mean the error about missing codecs? As the website states, "in order to comply with applicable laws, these Unix open-source components are NOT distributed with ffmpegX." So you'll have to manually install them.

When installing ffmpegX, I usually first create a new folder in the Applications folder titled "ffmpegX". After downloading ffmpegX, I place the application in this folder.

Next, I download the mpeg2enc codec and the ffmpegX binaries. I then place mpeg2enc and the other 2 files resulting from the .zip in the ffmpegX folder I created earlier.

Finally, when ffmpegX is started, I need to press the "Locate" button for each codec and manually select the file in the file selection dialog. After entering my password in the box at the bottom, I hit "Install".

Hope this helps

I am a useing IMAC G5 with OS X. (tiger ). I do lot of vediography and also doing editing etc. I have now switched to mac from windows. I have collected lots of vcds and since this system is not able to make any vcds I wanted to convert all my vcds to dvd format. Can any one tell me how can i do that. I am not a professional. thanks. laxmi mathur

I have tried to download the file ffmpegx.dmg it is downloading the file alright but at the end of it this error message appears in the downloading window as " posix error " i have tried so many times can any body help

Thanks

I think it's got something to do with the way Safari downloads files... try downloading ffmpegX with Firefox or Opera; these web browsers don't give out this error, if I have read correctly.

Good luck.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.