In light of some recent snufflings through our underbrush by a certain marsupial (that would be me), our member niek_e suggested that someone should start a poll to find out what the DaniWeb community really thinks about Wombats. I couldn't agree more, so here's the poll.

Go ahead- tell us what you think of Wombats, and better yet- if you have a favorite animal, tell us why that animal kicks Wombutt!

:)

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by WaltP

So where's the poll? I thought wombats were very excellent at working with polls on DaniWeb.

It's right where it should be... you're just too quick on the draw! :D

Since I dont know with which option you would be more happy, i ticked each of them. Maybe should liven up the poll and bit.

But if it were a poll with option buttons( and not checkboxes ), I would have definately supported you Mr. DMR since I dont think they bother a lot of people.

PS: The poll which you rigged really was a good one, though it was against the rules, it sure was fun while it lasted...got the OP flabbergasted..:D

Yeah, Humourless ...... :cheesy: . Didnt even know that Wombats were such cool species until DMR came along. Now I wanna be one in the next life.

They don't get eaten by others do they? :eek: Cos upto now I have been doing the eating. Can't bear to have the tables turned in the next life.

Votes + Comments
Aww man will seriously miss you, take care while you are gone *sniff* ~s.o.s~

A group of wombats struck me down with a bat while I wasn't looking, jacked my cash, and took the time after to laugh at my misfortune.

Since African Grey Parrots are much more benign and annoying, I therefore find them superior to teh wombat. :D

My brother used to be called wombat by his friends at school. Nobody ever knew why.

They must have known somehow that he was your brother.

They must have known somehow that he was your brother.

Doh! <FX>slaps head, falls to floor and crawls away...</FX>

I like rabbits, particularly the evil Monty Python kind :cheesy:

Death awaits you all, with great, big, pointy teeth!! Ni!

And if it weren't for DMR, I would have never found out about them.

same heeeeeeeeeeeeeere! Thank you so much DMR!

lol @ Wolfy!

They look cute n huggable LOL :mrgreen:

our member niek_e suggested that someone should start a poll to find out what the DaniWeb community really thinks about Wombats

Haha, very predictable! I didn't start one myself because I allready knew it was a mather of time....:)

What I especially like about wombat's is that the eat poll's about latin singers.:rolleyes:
I had a good laugh about it at work

regards Niek

I'm not going to have my forum run by a bunch of wombats! There's no way that's happening, folks!

Says who?

For all you know it's already run by a bunch of wombats...

From usenet (news:alt.fan.pratchett) harvested today:

> >> > > > I'm not really sure whether Wombats are any good.
> >> >
> >> > I dunno - maybe if we send England out with wombats insetad of cricket
> >> > bats, they might score more runs?
> >>
> >> If they play wom, perhaps.
> >
> > I'm game. We lose to the Aussies at everything else, maybe we can win
> > at wom.
> >
> > Rules of Wom:
> >
> > 1. Australians are not allowed to win.
> > 2. There are no other rules.
> >
> > That should sort it.
>
> And in other news, the Australians have taken the 2006 World Wom
> Championship title, by cleverly exploiting a loophole in the rules.
>
> The Aussies reasoned that, if there were no other rules except that
> Australians are not allowed to win, then there can't be a rule against
> cheating, and therefore cheating is allowed. They therefore cheated
> *legally* by breaking Rule 1, and ipso facto became champions.

>
> > Why would a Wombat want to live in England
>
> Actually, there /are/ wombats in England, but most of them are
> actually undercover agents working as badgers.

Yes, but you can easily tell them apart. Badgers don't drive VW camper
vans, and almost never work behind bars.

I'm not going to have my forum run by a bunch of wombats! There's no way that's happening, folks!

Too late- my plan for World Wombat Domination is already well and smoothly underway..... MUUUUAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Too late- my plan for World Wombat Domination is already well and smoothly underway..... MUUUUAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Err..count me in.

I just love the Google ads that are showing for this page:

Stuffed Wombat
Stuffed Koala
Stuffed Hippo
Stuffed Camel

"Wombats, while they look cute and cuddly when small, do not make good pets in the long run. They are solitary animals and prefer to stay that way when older."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wombat

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I just love the Google ads that are showing for this page:

Stuffed Wombat

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!

Seriously- I've been trying to find a stuffed (toy, of course) Wombat, but U.S. stores just don't seem to stock them. Gee- go figure.

I even had one of our Australian members offer to send me a stuffed Wombat as a thank you gift for helping him fix his 'puter, but it just didn't happen. :sad:

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!

Seriously- I've been trying to find a stuffed (toy, of course) Wombat, but U.S. stores just don't seem to stock them. Gee- go figure.

I even had one of our Australian members offer to send me a stuffed Wombat as a thank you gift for helping him fix his 'puter, but it just didn't happen. :sad:

Oh. I thought you were an Australian yourself.

Nope- just a weird Californian, with a weird thing for Wombats. And Moose.

From usenet (news:alt.fan.pratchett) harvested today:

Little known fact, I helped Terry Pratchett get to grips with Usenet a decade or so ago. He was/is a member of Cix, an online community I have been long involved with in the UK. Very nice chap, came to a Cix BBQ or two I seem to recall - one when I had a Channel 4 TV crew in tow for a documentary I was involved with called 'Visions of Heaven and Hell' which looked at the online world from both sides of the good/evil fence. The crew were rather taken aback to be confronted by the creator of an entire universe saying how wonderful the virtual world was :)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.