Hi!

I live in Israel and currently attend a computer programming course. The truth is I'm not sure exactly where I'm headed. All I know is that right now we're learning C then moving on to C# and Java etc.

I know that this course will NOT provide me with a degree. It seams that there are many different kind of proffesions when it comes to programming. Right? Is it better if I focus my studying now on the field I want to go into? Or just learn all these bunch of programming languages and kinda hope to find the right job in the future?

I also wanted to know if anyone knows of good online colleges for programming? I guess that too will depend on which field I'm interested in.

Thanks
Ami

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You need to know where you want to go before deciding the best way to get there. Look at what you enjoy and try to assess the market demand. Have a look at The IT Career Builders Toolkit by Matthew Moran ( Cisco Press ) for advice on building an IT career.

hey there neighbour :)

everything is pretty simple - have a look at emule - it's crowded with teach-yourself books and CBT's. just go on jobmaster.co.il/jobnet.co.il and see for yourself what's needed most

Hi!

I forgot I posted that. Your reply sent me an e-mail.
Well...Thanks g-d I found a job in a GREAT company called NDS.
I'm currently a tester but I'm going for computers science degree.

Thanks for the e-mule tip. I'll deff give it a look.

Good luck!

Ami

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.